* FFMPEGX (0.0.9y)- PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Nice and easy to use converter. Download Here . Convert you DVDs to DivX, MPEG, VCD and XVCD.
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
Tinker Tool – 3.95 – 10.1 Puma / 10.2 Jaguar / 10.3 Panther
Tinker Tool – 4.5 – 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. - PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players and newer MTP players. It uses libnjb and libmtp for low-level device communication. See the device list to see if your device is supported.
* XNJB (1.5.10) is free software - Download Here. PowerPC Friendly and runs on 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard.
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Special thanks to Burdo.
This is a utility to quickly and easily create a RAM disk on your Mac OS X.
* MakeRAM Disk – http://boredzo.org/make-ram-disk/ (PowerPC 10.3/10.4/10.5) – Panther/Tiger/Leopard. #PowerPCFriendly.
A RAM Disk has no permanent storage and it will be forgotten at shutdown. But is at least as fast as your hard drive. It’s a very intriguing utility that you might love or you don’t need it.
I have been looking for an application like this one that I’m about to share for a long time now. It’s very straight forward so do not expect anything other than its ability to play music. In this instance, the one benefit is that it plays music with style.
* Retro Player 1.7 - (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 or later. It’s a simple music player that looks like a retro LP player, complete with on/off button and speed adjustor(33/45). You also can “fast forward” into a specific part of the album by moving the arm and placing at your desired location. You can also choose the amount of record noise you want to hear, and the program will insert the “snaps and pops” that you’d expect from an LP.
I have my conventional Vinyl Player and I’m always on the look out for adding classic Vinyls to my collection… but this app is awesome. I’m always playing random MP3s with it. The only thing I wish there was a way to open more than a just a single album. http://www.studio-kura.com/ Download here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16405/retroplayer
Talking about Players, it’s your lucky day… I have one more.
* Cabrio 1.1 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 8.1 or later. Yes you guys read that right Mac OS 8.1!? This is a simple and cool MP3 player that is always good to have to play something that is not in your iTunes or library files. http://cabrio-os.en.softonic.com/mac
Islands Mini-Golf Add-On 1 (Free) PowerPC 10.1 or later.
Seeing as how we can do everything else…why not play a bit of Golf from the comfort of your PowerPC and enjoy few hours without having to worry about waking up early for work tomorrow! This is an expansion pack that adds a new Egyptian theme with 18 new holes to your Islands Mini-Golf. The full version of this game can be download here: Island Mini Golf. If you guys are wondering the game is totally Free – (Of Course! We from Mac PowerPC don’t have the luxury to spend money!!). Enjoy your hole in one with Islands Mini-Golf!
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
Subscribe to MacPowerPC and keep up to date with our posts.
This might be a must application for many of you but for some of you it might not change anything in your day to day computer use. Either way we are here to share information and applications available for PowerPC computers running the Mac OS X Operational System.
SetAlphaValue 2.2.2 (Free) – PowerPC 10.3.9 or later. This application sets the alphaValue of windows and has been discontinued. (Just saying). If anyone have or found a link please share with us.
This is a fast post is to share some tricks that some of my readers have shared with me recently on my social media sites.
* If your are looking for some Safari Extensions please take a look at this web site because you might find the extensions you were looking for to make your browsing easier. FYI: AlterVideo is interesting:
Another interesting trick is:
* TruePreview, it takes Mail (application from Apple) to another level. Installing TruePreview will help you to better preview messages. For more visit:
* PDF Scissors, it’s a tool to crop pdf files. It does not require installation.
* SMARTReporter, last but not least, this application helps you to protect your data with failure prediction. Make sure your hard drive is healthy.
I don’t know about you guys but I remember during the later part of the 90’s I spent a good amount of time playing Quake. It was so addictive that I actually hid it on my work computer because my boss wasn’t very computer savvy so it was easy to play. Sometimes I would play for hours at at work if I didn’t have pressing tasks, and often it took over my entire lunch break. I know it’s awful but I don’t regret any of this because it was part of my recollection of the late 90s! This is the successor to Doom and the first person shooter was a hit and it changed the way people used to play games.
For the more information about Quake you can check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_(video_game)
Download Quake X 1.1 for Mac here – PowerPC 10.0 or later – http://mac.downloadatoz.com/quake-x/
We usually prefer to share this information on our Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/macpowerpc or Twitter: @macpowerpc but we thought that it would be important to share it here on our blog because some of you may not be into Social Networking. Download 40 FREE Mac fonts, no purchase necessary!
* MacFonts (Free) – Just make a visit to MacWare and download your fonts – http://www.macwareinc.com/ . Mac Universal Binaries.
I hope you guys enjoy it and encourage you to make sure you subscribe to our other pages as well!
Would like to see more this kind of information here?
P.S.: * MacFonts (Commercial $39.99) Includes over 2,000 fonts - http://www.macwareinc.com/products/MacFontsComplete/overview.html - MacFonts expands your font collection with over 2,000 never-before seen fonts designed over the last few years by our exclusive SummitType™.
Everybody knows that even small expenditures add up… In my opinion, tracking your money and your expenses are fundamental to the health of your pocket. PowerPC computers are a great tool to help you in tracking because they run some of the web’s best applications that have been specially designed to help you in your quest. Check back to some of our previous posts here on Mac PowerPC and you will find quite few of them in our archive. But today I wanted to share the following with you;
* Budget Workbook – 1.7.5 (Shareware) – PowerPC friendly – Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5. http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/workbookmac/ It’s a simple expense tracker, easy to use with a very friendly interface that will easily help you to find where your money is going.
* Pay It Down – 1.4.1 (Shareware) – PowerPC friendly – Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5. http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/payitdownmac/ . Graph your debt profile. See when you will be out of debt. Determine the best strategy for getting out of debt.
Remember your donations help support this blog and are always appreciated. I encourage you to make a budget and stick with it, to make sure you won’t be in the red. :)
We know that Finder is a necessity for every Mac user. But have you ever wished that you had a better finder rename feature on your Mac, that would actually save you time, and help you in your quest for organization? I have good news for you:
* A Better Finder Rename – 8.76 (shareware) Leopard 10.5
* Download Version 7.5.1 for Mac OS X 10.3.
* Download Version 6.5.5 for Mac OS X 10.2.
* Download Version 5.9.6 for Mac OS 9
This app is a great option and most complete renaming solution for Finder. It’s very easy to use, following the drag and drop method, and is a very friendly interface. Now there are no excuses for you to start organizing your files, photos and MP3 files with their proper names.
This is an application that every Mac user should have and if you have a large number of pictures or music files, this application is a must for your own good. It will be the best $19.99 that you ever spend on your computer!
Check out our Ads down here!