SJphone® is a VOIP softphone that allows you to speak with any other softphone running on a PC/PDA, any stand-alone IP-phone, or using Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with any traditional wired or mobile phone. It supports SIP and is fully inter-operable with most major VOIP vendors and ITSPs.
* FlashToHTML5 (3.2) – Free – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. It is a Safari extension that replaces the standard YouTube Flash Player with an HTML5 player. Download Here.
* Youtube5 – PowerPC Friendly – Free – Leopard 10.5 – It removes the need to use flash on YouTube by converting all videos to their HTML5 video tag equivalents. It also has the added benefits of decreased CPU usage compared to flash, and the removal of in-video ads. Download Here
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
Frisbee Software is a fresh and small software house specialized in the development of free Mac software.
* Frisbee Software – http://frisbeesoftware.weebly.com/applications.html
The list of softwares goes on and system requirements are: Any G3 / G4 / G5. 10.4 / 10.5.
* DiscEject 1.8 (It helps to eject almost all the stuck css/dvds.)
* Purge 1.0 (RAM optimizer, it helps freeing RAM)
* PaperScreen 1.0 (It changes your desktop wallpaper into a background screensaver.) Very Cool.
* Tempus 1.0 (It allows you to view how much time is started on opened your computer).
I found these informations very interesting and next follow the link to an application call Scrubber.
* How to Customize the OS X Services Menu – http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/29/how-to-customize-the-os-x-services-menu/
* Scrubber – 1.1.5 – PowerPC Friendly. 10.4/10.5 (Tiger and Leopard) – http://manytricks.com/servicescrubber/
The services menu be much more useful if it weren’t overcrowded by services you never even thought of using? Shouldn’t there be a way to edit that menu? Enter Service Scrubber. With Service Scrubber, you can:
- Restructure the services menu
- Change service keyboard shortcuts
- Disable and re-enable services
Once your services menu has been scrubbed, you’ll be surprised how useful it actually is.
Help us to keep this blog running and check out our advertisements. Thank you!
Share files never was so easy.
* Push 0.86 – http://www.jazzaround.net/push/ – PowerPC friendly. 10.5 / Leopard. It’s very simple to use and works great. Whenever you want to share a file between a group of users simply put it in your public folder. Push will take care of all the rest and send it to all the users who want it.
…and bingo, TeamSpeak 3 or (18.104.22.168) works on PowerPC – Leopard 10.5.8. It’s cross platform VoIP with crystal clear voice communication. Great application!
* TeamSpeak 3 (Demo) – http://www.teamspeak.com/
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3’s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
I admit that I regularly get e-mails asking me how to watch Netflix on a PowerPC, so I thought I had better answer this question to the masses. In the past I did some research but I didn’t have time to finish the post. Here are some of the links and resources that I have to share with you:
I don’t have a Netflix account so I’m not sure if works or not.
This Link it says to Delete InstallationCheck from the “Show Package Contents” > “Resources”.
Please if you have some time to share your results with our community we really appreciate.
* * * * * * *
Here is very interesting, the steps with Firefox worked well. It’s something to consider.
Please share your results with us.
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
Subscribe to MacPowerPC and keep up to date with our posts.
In a past post I listed VLC with a bunch of other audio players but I mentioned that it was a great movie player as well. At that time I was using VLC as a good resource for my music media. Recently I noticed that it got an update and this post here is to make sure that you will update this very PowerPC friendly application. Can you believe that they’re still looking out for us after all these years? This is Awesome so let’s show some PowerPC love to VLC when you play your music or videos.
VLC 2.0.8 (Free) – PowerPC 10.5 – http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
Source FairerPlatform – http://fairerplatform.com/2013/06/vlc-for-mac-2-0-7-audio-codec-fixes-powerpc-love-more/
This application is an Open VPN client for Mac, providing a rich Cocoa graphical user interface for creating, editing and controlling VPN connections. Viscosity provides a complete Open VPN solution for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) and does not require any additional downloads or software.
* Viscosity 1.4.3 (Shareware) – PowerPC friendly / Leopard 10.5 – http://sparklabs.com
Key Features: Cross-Platform, Traffic Statistics, System Protected, VPN for Everyone, DNS. Done Right, Script Everything, etc.
I don’t know how many of you still have BlackBerry cellphones, but at one point BlackBerry was cutting edge and considered cool, and in my opinion they still are. I do not own one so I’m not familiar with the system etc, but I found this application which is PowerPC friendly and I would like to share it with you here:
* DVD to BlackBerry Converter for Mac ($28.00) – http://joboshare.com/dvd-to-blackberry-converter-mac.html – PowerPC G5 / Leopard – 10.5. It’s a professional Mac DVD to BlackBerry convert tool.
Lets show some love to Tumblr
In my last 2 posts, I was talking about Twitter and we shared some good options for you to ensure you don’t miss any tweets on your PowerPC, but now I want to share some Tumblr applications with you. Be warned, they are not fancy, but they do work!
* Tumblenote 5.2 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.4 / 10.5 – http://tumblenote.tumblr.com/ – How many of you actually are on Tumblr.? Using this widget is the easiest/fastest way to update your Tumblr blog right from your Dashboard.
* Tumblr Stack for RapidWeaver 1.3 (Free) – PowerPC friendly http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32275/tumblr-stack-for-rapidweaver – Share your Tumblr blog on RapidWeaver site (it has been discontinued, but previousl versions are still available).
All Mac PowerPC users are well aware that when it comes to Social Networking our applications are limited. It’s hard to find something that might work well for Mac OS X Tiger. In fact it’s virtually possible to find options for the Mac OS X Leopard. I actually still prefer use a good old fashioned Browser, when it comes to searching for these types of media. But this post doesn’t end here, previously we mentioned some applications for Twitter and we got really great feedback from our readers and I wanted to share some more options with you here. the list starts with:
* Echofon 1.5.7 – Twitter Client (I didn’t find a safe web-site to download from, but as far as I can ascertain, this version might work on PowerPC 10.5 / Leopard.
If you find or have a safe .dmg file please share with us. http://mac.brothersoft.com/echofon.html / Echofon download here: http://www.milocker.com/pg/file/read/79630/echofon-for-leopard-powerpc Thanks @rjCalifornia
* YoruFukurou 1.65 PowerPC 10.5 / Leopard https://sites.google.com/site/yorufukurou/home-en Download here – http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35286/yorufukurou
* TwitQwik 2.0.0 (Free) Fastest way to tweet. – http://mac.brothersoft.com/twitqwik.html
* Twit Menulet 8 (Demo $6.00) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 – http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32331/twit-menulet – With this app it will allow you to check your tweets from a menu bar. Never was it so easy to keep Twitter on and check as many times you want. If anyone is running Panther, please let me know if it worked out for you!
A few weeks ago, I completed a survey about Social Networking and when they asked me which was my favorite kind of Social Network I didn’t even stop to think before acknowledging TWITTER. In fact it’s easy to get addicted to Twitter, in 140 characters or less. Either way its an ingenius platform to share articles and information with your followers. So with that off my chest, let’s now transition to a discussion about some Twitter apps for PowerPC Macs.
* Syrinx 2.3.1 (Free) – http://cl.ly/1j382t2s0P07 – PowerPC friendly, 10.5 / Leopard. Twitter client with strong efficient workflow, easy to keep track of your unread tweets using the bookmarking system, also has Growl support. One more feature is the great search bar that helps to find tweets/retweets etc.
* TweetDeck 2.7.1 (Free) – http://tweetdeck.com/ – PowerPC friendly, 10.5 / Leopard. This application makes the experience of tweeting even more fun and professional. Don’t miss any unread tweets! It also works with columns with diferent customization options including “Mentions”, “Direct Messages”, “Timeline”, and supports more than one account. Download it here: https://app.box.com/s/qk3icje4s2wjnio78rxo
* Twitterrific 3.2.4 – http://cl.ly/1Z1q2l113X0y – PowerPC friendly 10.5 but it might work on 10.4 as well. I appreciate your feedback if you happen to test it out.
* Twhirl 0.9.7 – (Free) – Easy to use and fast to tweet. Download here: http://twhirl.en.softonic.com/mac
Some of these applications (TweetDeck + Twhirl) are Adobe Air compatible, and to use them, you need to install them first: Air 1.5.3 – http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html
I didn’t try these applications on 10.4 / Tiger, I think some of them might work, let us know if someone happens to test them out. I appreciate your feedback!
In this post, I wanted to share a few browser tools that you might be interested in having. Many of you will thank me later for sharing features that you will soon learn you can’t live without! LOL!
* WebDesktop 2.5 – Free – PowerPC 10.3/10.4/10.5 – http://code.google.com/p/webdesktop-macosx/
* iBrowser 1.6b5 – Free – PowerPC 10.5/Leopard – http://nscocoa.com/products/ – Fullscreen embedded desktop browser.
* MultiBrowser 1.1.1 – Free – PowerPC 10.5 – Control multiple internet browsers at the same time!- https://sites.google.com/site/tesseractsoftware/multibrowser
Give a try and share your experience in comments.
Twitter – @MacPowerPC
FacebookPage – MacPowerPC