Recipe formulation tool for brewers.
BeerAlchemy (Demo – $15.00) PowerPC 10.4 / 10.5 – Tiger / Leopard.
All Mac PowerPC users are well aware that when it comes to Social Networking our applications are limited. It’s hard to find something that might work well for Mac OS X Tiger. In fact it’s virtually possible to find options for the Mac OS X Leopard. I actually still prefer use a good old fashioned Browser, when it comes to searching for these types of media. But this post doesn’t end here, previously we mentioned some applications for Twitter and we got really great feedback from our readers and I wanted to share some more options with you here. the list starts with:
* Echofon 1.5.7 – Twitter Client (I didn’t find a safe web-site to download from, but as far as I can ascertain, this version might work on PowerPC 10.5 / Leopard.
If you find or have a safe .dmg file please share with us.
/ Echofon download here:
* YoruFukurou 1.65 PowerPC 10.5 / Leopard
Download here –
* TwitQwik 2.0.0 (Free) Fastest way to tweet. –
* Twit Menulet 8 (Demo $6.00) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 –
– With this app it will allow you to check your tweets from a menu bar. Never was it so easy to keep Twitter on and check as many times you want. If anyone is running Panther, please let me know if it worked out for you!
My Facebook friend Gregory will be very happy because I finally got some time to check out the application that he mentioned on Mac PowerPC’s Facebook Page a long time ago, which I had bookmarked but never had enough time to get to. Here you go!
* Jers Novel Writer 1.1.12 – (Demo $30.00) –
– PowerPC friendly Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5 – It’s a simple but not restricted writing application. I’m very impressed with the quality of this word processor, as it has everything to keeping you writing and saving your ideas without messing things up. It has a main window like any other word processor but the coolest feature is that it has a tab running along the side that allows you see all your other saved projects! It also has a notes tab that allows you to post all your brainstormed ideas and subjects that keep you on track as you write. In my opinion, this is great software that totally deserves to be installed on your machine. Attention Writers: Now it’s time to make your Mac buddy work a little bit harder.
QuarkXpress is a professional and very powerful page layout and graphic design software that lets anyone create and publish rich, compelling material for print, the web and other digital media using one easy tool. Its proven QuarkXpress is the must have software for in house, agency and independent designers. The newest version 9.5 is Intel only but looking back, I found some previous version that are PowerPC friendly.
* QuarkXpress – 8.5.1 – 10.4/10.5 (Tiger/Leopard) – (Free 30 days Test Drive) –
- Before purchasing, please contact the developers to make sure they will provide the right version and the compatible license, because you are required to sign-up before you can download, and try it for free.
System Requirements (page:5) –
I just found myself in a situation that I never would have thought I’d find myself in. I’m the kind of Mac user that thinks I don’t need anything from Microsoft (wrong). I always choose to format my external hard-drives using Mac OS Extended (Journaled) even when I know that it would be “safe” to format on FAT32. Recently, I was traveling a few weeks ago and I met a good friend of mine that wanted me to share some of my files with him and vice versa. When I plugged in my hard drive, I could not transfer any of my files because it was locked. When I realized that his hard drive was formated to NTFS…well I just became sad. So back I went to
(like always) and here I found few options that helped me out, that I’d like to share with you.
NTFS 3G – 2010.10.2 (Free)
/ . Download here:
Tuxera NTFS 2012.3.4 – (Demo $31.00) –
10.4 / 10.5 – Tiger / Leopard PowerPC.
* MacFuse – 2.0 (Free) –
. 10.4 / 10.5 – Tiger / Leopard PowerPC
* OSXFUSE – 2.5.4 – (Free) –
. 10.5 – Leopard.
This software probably has a different kind of user in mind. I don’t think “home users” would pay $70 for an e-mail client, but perhaps business users or someone that has to deal with thousands of e-mails everyday should take a look at this application.
One of the most important things to know about PowerMail is that it’s a heavy duty application and it will help you to manage your e-mail very fast/easy. For more information visit: http://ctmdev.com
* PowerMail (10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard) (Demo) –