* LimeChat 2.23 is an IRC client for Mac OS X and PowerPC friendly. Runs on Leopard (10.5).
Download here: http://mac.brothersoft.com/limechat.html
I feel really happy and I get twitter/e-mail of people all over the place trying to get into the PowerPC scene. There are pretty much 2 ways, you can either use Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux (very update), also you can play both sides as long you have a good size hard drive.
PowerPCNotebook – Favorite this site right now, I believe and their potential – http://www.powerpc-notebook.org/ PowerPC in 2015 here we go.
OSX Guys – It’s could work well – http://osxguy.com
Who doesn’t want be DJ?
I would say that djaying is one of the most time consuming thing to do with your computer if you are into music and throw party to friends.
Sad news to get the newest Macbook Air or Macbook Pro just to djaying is very expensive, so why not look for an old cheap option like PowerBook or iBook, most of people won’t know the different unless you are using a very cool colour iBook G3 or a PowerBook Pismo/Wallstreet that the Apple logo is upside down.
Either way you can install a old version of Djay (3.1.2) totally compatible with Mac OS X 10.5. Of course there are some limitations when you compare the most recent 4.2.3, but the application run just fine and you will rock the party… …as long as your music rocks, of course.
Have fun guys.
* Djay 3.1.2 – Download here: http://adf.ly/tpP1G (Please wait 5 seconds and skip on top right corner).
Once I started using Mac I never actually had any issues finding and adapting to new applications. I turned my back to windows and never retreat it. But some of you might want to use some windows program and this application will help you.
* WineBottler 1.2.5 (stable) – http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/downloads Tiger / Leopard.
Another good utility that still supporting PowerPC computers is Deeper from Titanium Software.
* Deeper is a personalization utility which allows you to enable and disable the hidden functions of the Finder, dock, etc.
- Tiger – 1.0.7
- Leopard – 1.1.5
Download here: http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloaddeeper.php
Titanium Software also has a very interesting application:
* Maintenance is a system maintenance and cleaning utility for Max OS X that allows you to run tasks of system maintenance: repair permission, run periodic scripts, reset spotlight’s index, delete application, font and system cache, check status of the hard drive, etc.
* Maintenance – 1.1.8 – Tiger
* Maintenance – 1.2.7 – Leopard
Download here: http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadmaintenance.php
Summer is very busy time for me. I will put some more effort to it as soon as slow down a bit.
* Onyx available for all Macs PowerPC or Intel.
Onyx is a multifunction utility, it helps you to keep your mac healthy, it deletes caches, removes certain numbers of files and folders that may become cumbersome and more.
ONYX – 1.3.1 – Jaguar
ONYX – 1.5.3 – Panther
ONYX – 1.8.6 – Tiger
ONYX – 2.0.6 – Leopard
Titanium Software – http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php
Linux PowerPC is a good site to check – http://linuxpowerpc.blogspot.ca
ClearDock 1.4.1 (PowerPC / 10.3 or later).
It removes the semi-tranparent white background from the Dock. This app has been discontinued but you still can download here: http://cleardock.en.softonic.com/mac
Darwine: PowerPC – Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther or later.
Darwine project intends to port and develop WINE as well as other supporting tools that will allow Darwin and Mac OS X/ppc users to run Windows Applications, and to provide a Win32 API compatibility at application source code level.
Download here: http://darwine.sourceforge.net/download.php
I’m sorry for taking to long to write something down here. Summer is back and we get very busy.
* Yabause 0.9.13 – Sega Saturn Emulator under GNU GPL. Runs on Mac OS X – PowerPC. – http://yabause.org/
Download here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yabause/?source=dlp
Today is our 3 year anniversary. I want to thank all of you for supporting us all these years. We Mac PowerPC users must stick together for better or worse. We might not have the most powerful machines but we can be the most connected computer community. And I assure you we do have the most beautiful designed computers (G3, G4 and G4).
Show PowerPC some love and write some words on our wall.
:D Thank you ALL!
* TomCat 8.0.0-RC5 (Free) PowerPC – Java Servlet Internet Server. Download here.
* Path Finder is a Finder alternative that combines the Finder’s interface with the powerful utilities and innovative features. PowerPC Friendly (Demo).
* Path Finder 5.2.2 – Download Here
* FlashToHTML5 (3.2) – Free – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. It is a Safari extension that replaces the standard YouTube Flash Player with an HTML5 player. Download Here.
* Youtube5 – PowerPC Friendly – Free – Leopard 10.5 – It removes the need to use flash on YouTube by converting all videos to their HTML5 video tag equivalents. It also has the added benefits of decreased CPU usage compared to flash, and the removal of in-video ads. Download Here
* PlugSuit 1.5.7 – PowerPC 10.5 Leopard – It’s a plug-in manager that allows many InputManager and SIMBL-style plug-ins to work. Download Here