Front Row plugin for streaming video.
* Understudy (0.10.1) – PowerPC Friendly – Download Here
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Special thanks to Burdo.
We’re talking about Recovery Data applications and these days are very had to find an app compatible with PowerPC. So let’s thumbs up for Stellar Phoenix because they still supporting our beloved machines.
Stellar Phoenix – Mac Data Recovery – Bring your lost data back to life. Reclaim files, document, images, music, movies lost or deleted from any hard drive format.
* Download PowerPC version here: DMG -http://download.stellarinfo.com/stellar/StellarPhoenixMacDataRecoveryPPC.dmg.zip
- Mac Data Recover
- Deleted File Recover
- Deleted Volume Recovey
- Raw Recovery
- Mac Photo Recovery
- System Startup Disc
- Recover Data from NTFS Partition on Mac
- Create Image
- Recovery from Fat formatted Drives/Volumes
- Resume Recovery
- Optical Media Recovery
- Preview During Scan
- iPod Data Recovery
- Simple and Interactive GUI
- Selective Recovery
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) - PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.
SoundFlower allows applications to pass audio to other application.
* SoundFlower – 1.4.3 (Free) - PowerPC Friendly Leopard / Tiger. Download Here
Soundflower is a OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. It is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio.
Communication is how the internet became so cool. I still remember using ICQ back in the days for hours and it was texting only.
* Yahoo! Messenger 3.0.2 (Free) Download Here Allows you to see when your friends get online. You can chat, send files and also have webcam support. PowerPC Friendly 10.4.+ (Tiger) or later
* Yahoo! Messenger also available for Classic Mac OS 8.1 – 9.2.2.
Did anyone already use the OS ReactOS?
I did like this post and I decided to share with you guys. It might help someone of you out there.
The TenFourFox QuickTime Enabler allows you to play selected HTML5 video and audio files and YouTube videos in QuickTime, outside of the browser. You can even play H.264 content with the QTE. This gives you a safer alternative to Flash for many videos.
* Quick Time Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyVkN
If you especially need YouTube support, you may also benefit from installing the MacTubesEnabler.
* MacTubes Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyWIT
Hey guys I just want to heads up what is happening on this blog right now. We decide to try to use the system of AdFly.
What it does?
Well, when you click on some links it brings you to AdFly page and it will show some ads for 5 seconds and then you can skip the ad on the top right corner. It takes literally only 5 seconds.
We from Mac PowerPC started posting here since may/2011 (we have 231 posts). It almost 3 years posting about applications and things to do with your old good Macintosh. I get many e-mails from people telling me that they started using their old Macintosh that once was lost in closet. I’m very happy when I get this kind of feedback because we are recycling these machines and we are getting most of our money back, I believe when you bought the latest G4 and G5 back in the day you spent a good amount of money.
I do appreciate all the donations (but it very rare when it happens). I understand is hard to give money for something that you are getting for free, and free is the deal that we are always looking to post here, you can check almost all the posts they are about fee applications. But I have bills to pay with this blog, every year I have to renew this blog/ address/etc and it cost me money to keep this blog running, believe me I’m not making money out of this I’m just trying to make it pay for itself.
I only hope you guys understand the situation and don’t make a big deal about it.
Please let me know what you guys think about it, since we changed (2 days ago) we just got 1 bad feedback.
Thank you all.
Firefox PowerPC 6 is a web browser optimized for PowerPC Macs, has been created from Firefox 5 official sources
The project is aimed to port Firefox 5 to glorious Power Macintosh machines.
Firefox PowerPC 6 has been customized and compiled on a G4 PowerBook with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8.
* Firefox PowerPC 6.0.2 – Leopard 10.5.+ PowerPC - http://www.xabaras.it/firefox-powerpc/
Sharing here what we do have available because someone might think is very interesting, but I still recommend TenFourFox, SeaMonkey and Leopard WebKit.
* TenFourFox - http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/
* SeaMonkey 2.25 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/seamonkey-for-ppc/
* Leopard Webkit - https://code.google.com/p/leopard-webkit/
Are you into creating Gifs?
* GiftedMotion 1.23 – Free - http://www.onyxbits.de/giftedmotion
* Chipmunk 1.5.4 – Leopard 10.5.+ – http://www.furry-rodents.com/
* Chipmunk 1.2 – Tiger 10.4.+
Find all duplicates. Fast. Find duplicates where ever they are what ever name they have. Chipmunk considers strictly content. No mucking about with creation dates and file names and stuff. You will be amazed how quickly Chipmunk eats through hundreds of megabytes, considering it compares the content of these files.
Search all drives connected to your Mac If you can access it you can search it. External drives, network shares, removable media, you name it.
Delete duplicates more intelligently Delete all files in a folder that have duplicates elsewhere. Or vice versa: Delete all files outside a folder that have duplicates inside it. Or hand pick your candidates, of course.
Undo, Retrieve From Trash You have been too quick on the trash button? Not a problem, just hit Undo. You can also retrieve files selectively from the trash. Quick Look, Reveal In Finder and Growl Support Quick Look or reveal any file you like in Finder (Quick Look available only when run on Leopard)
Frisbee Software is a fresh and small software house specialized in the development of free Mac software.
* Frisbee Software - http://frisbeesoftware.weebly.com/applications.html
The list of softwares goes on and system requirements are: Any G3 / G4 / G5. 10.4 / 10.5.
* DiscEject 1.8 (It helps to eject almost all the stuck css/dvds.)
* Purge 1.0 (RAM optimizer, it helps freeing RAM)
* PaperScreen 1.0 (It changes your desktop wallpaper into a background screensaver.) Very Cool.
* Tempus 1.0 (It allows you to view how much time is started on opened your computer).
* PyeTV - https://code.google.com/p/pyetv/
Python-based EyeTV plugin for Mac OS X’s Front Row (Leopard/Snow Leopard version)
This plugin allows access to EyeTV from within Front Row on Leopard, adding a EyeTV item to Front Row’s top level menu. The plugin gives access to EyeTV’s recordings (grouped by series), along with an image preview and recording metadata.
I don’t use EyeTV, let me know if this plugin really works on PowerPC.