*MacPowerPC Gaming – http://powerpcgaming.wordpress.com – Great blog dedicated for PowerPC gamers. All gamers is time to turn on your machines and enjoy some great options.
Maid Tamashi Studio Is about to release in 2014 an Android Software for Mac PowerBooks (PowerPC). We just hope to hear very soon from them. More informations:
I admit that I regularly get e-mails asking me how to watch Netflix on a PowerPC, so I thought I had better answer this question to the masses. In the past I did some research but I didn’t have time to finish the post. Here are some of the links and resources that I have to share with you:
I don’t have a Netflix account so I’m not sure if works or not.
This Link it says to Delete InstallationCheck from the “Show Package Contents” > “Resources”.
Please if you have some time to share your results with our community we really appreciate.
* * * * * * *
Here is very interesting, the steps with Firefox worked well. It’s something to consider.
Please share your results with us.
* CleanMyMac 2 - http://macpaw.com/cleanmymac
As we know, a clean computer can help your machine to work faster. There are many applications that help you to maintain a clean, organized and healthy computer. If you are one of those people who never turns off their machines (like me), or someone who drag and drops things to their desktop to deal with later, you’ll love CleanMyMac2.
Awhile back we mentioned CleanMyMac as being an awesome application to have installed and running on (10.4 and 10.5) and we still stand by this comment. Recently we got a message from MacPaw requesting that we review CleanMyMac 2 compatible with (10.7 and 10.8) Only. Unfortunately this means that CleanMyMac 2 is not compatible with PowerPC. PowerPC users will have to download CleanMyMac Classic.
The main reason that I believe in this application is because it is one application with everything you need and not other way around. It’s so easy to control and keep an eye on your Mac. I Choose Full Scan and went to grab a coffee and a few minutes later my Mac was clean and had freed up a good amount of hard drive space for me to use on other programs or files.
Also, I have to point out some of the great features like Large & Old Files that will show folders and files you have on your system and you can also see how long ago you last opened them, and you can even sort them by size. iPhoto Cleanup and Trash Cleanup is very handy…and can also help you to free up more of your valuable space!
One of my favorite features is that it’s now much easier to uninstall applications you don’t use anymore and you will find out just how long ago you last used them. Be sure to check the Leftovers tab to make sure your unwanted app did not left anything behind!
Last but not least: Eraser is a feature that will secure erased files or folders you don’t need/want anymore.
Before we finish this post let’s not forget about the interface. Here is a huge plus for us: if the Classic version was already very straight forward and simple to browse, then version 2 is quite simply unbelievably well done. They’ve managed to make it easier for us to be more organized. In my opinion, CleanMyMac 2 is the best way to go minimalist when it comes to your computer!
It’s time to update your SeaMonkey to 2.21 (Additional functionality: QuickDraw plugin capability has been restored).
Also I found this post very nice, if you have time take a look: http://clausstiekallesoe.org/post/44451908487/can-we-still-use-older-hardware-for-our-daily-needs
Summer time is a very difficult time to blog for the MacPowerPC team because of our day jobs. It’s our busiest time of year and admittedly it’s difficult to find the time to release quality posts. I wanted to let everyone know that even during our hiatus, we have still been searching and saving material for later updates, on a regular basis. Now that fall is settling in, we have time to get back on track for our weekly updates…and have we got a LOT to catch up on!
2.8 – (Free) – PowerPC Tiger/Leopard. It’s an easy way to quickly download videos from YouTube, convert them and import to iTunes to watch on your iPod or AppleTV.
I’m sorry guys for the misunderstanding, the right version that is compatible with PowerPC is Tooble 2.7.9. Download here: http://cl.ly/RSL2
I would like to thank you to Bjornels for sharing the link with us. The version that he found also works on PowerPC - http://tooble.en.softonic.com/mac
The question before I write this post is Why we do not save our documents? I just lost my entire post because of sheer laziness… Lesson learned and now it’s time to move on!
We have been posting here for awhile now and my PowerPC friends know that I always try to find free or low cost applications to share for many reasons. Sometimes I come across some non-free applications that I think my readers would be interested in, and post them anyways. These products often have features that the free ones do not…
EagleFiler 1.5.10 (Demo) – PowerPC 10.4 – Tiger / 10.5 – Leopard. It’s an easy way to archive and manage all your documents, and various other pieces of information including e-mails, web pages, etc. Organize everything into folders and add tags and notes to make it easier to search for later!
* http://c-command.com/eaglefiler/ (Go Support for the version 1.5.10). The new version is not compatible on PowerPC.
Islands Mini-Golf Add-On 1 (Free) PowerPC 10.1 or later.
Seeing as how we can do everything else…why not play a bit of Golf from the comfort of your PowerPC and enjoy few hours without having to worry about waking up early for work tomorrow! This is an expansion pack that adds a new Egyptian theme with 18 new holes to your Islands Mini-Golf. The full version of this game can be download here: Island Mini Golf. If you guys are wondering the game is totally Free – (Of Course! We from Mac PowerPC don’t have the luxury to spend money!!). Enjoy your hole in one with Islands Mini-Golf!
MacLampsX 2.0 (Free) PowerPC 10.4/10.5 (Tiger/Leopard).
I just came across an app that lets you play around on your Desktop! MacLampsX brings light to your Desktop, it allows you to decorate for Christmas and many other holidays. It has a small set of default holidays but also allows you to create your own. This version allow you to add bigger bulbs and to play music at your own discretion. Happy Holidays with your PowerPC!
I follow a very nice Facebook Page called: Mac OS X Tiger PPC and they post useful material that I felt obliged to share with you here.
They basically show that we have printer drivers installed that we don’t use, which can be found in Hard Drive/Library/Printers. Carefully remove the folders for printers that you don’t use and you will likely save over 1GB of hard drive space!
A second tip to maximize your system is an application called IceClean, which is a powerful system maintenance and optimization tool using UNIX built-in System.
* IceClean 3.4.8 – PowerPC friendly – 10.4 (Tiger) / 10.5 (Leopard) – Powerful and simple – http://www.macdentro.com/MacDentro/Home.html
In this post I will go straight to the point because I do not often use these kind of applications and I don’t really need it for my regular day to day use. As you know, MacPowerPC is very openminded and we recognize that there are people out there that will be very happy with this kind of application. Annotation Edit is a professional editor for subtitles, captions and annotations. There are numerous unique features and it does an exceptionally professional job! Give it a try?
* Annotation Edit 1.9.27 – http://www.zeitanker.com/content/download/annotation_edit_demo - (Demo – $326) – PowerPC 10.4/10.5 (Tiger/Leopard)
Download here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23516/annotation-edit
Recently our friends from PowerPC Liberation – http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.com – celebrated a birthday. Like me, these guys tirelessly work to ensure our beloved PowerPCs stay relevant. We wish them all the best and many more years of PowerPC related blogging to come. Some of their focus has been to keep Mac OS X running for applications that do not require internet, for internet material they are 100% Linux for security reason. Keep your eyes on PowerPC Liberation because they continue to provide good information about how to transit from Mac to Linux and all the Linux related applications that you just can’t live without!
* Tech Laggard – http://www.techlaggard.com/ – I really like this video, its totally worth watching.
* The Mother Ship – http://macmothership.com – Awesome Web-Site with great information about Macintosh and Lisa. The Galleries are great and don’t forget to visit once you click the link, which displays historic flyers, ads, brochures, etc. The information spans from 1976 to 2002…it’s fascinating! Mac Mother Ship has done a beautiful layout on their web site. Way to Go!
* Elvira Sweeney’s Old Mac Love – http://elvirasweeney.com/oldmac/index.html – Why not browse some random information to see what people think about the G4.
* OldVersion – http://www.oldversion.com/mac/ – Because newer is not always better. And that is what this web site is all about.
* Humanize Technology – https://techuman.wordpress.com They do have good material related to Technology and some PowerPC material.
* HappyMacs – Quadras, Cubes and G5s – http://happymacs.wordpress.com Awesome blog also working with Pre-Intel Macs material. I just found it because they made some good comments on our material and we always welcome new blogs to our group.
* GamesWidgets – http://g-a-m-e-w-i-d-g-e-t-s.blogspot.com/ – Yes they do deserve a space here, this blog is awesome, I always find good games to run on DashBoard.
SeaMonkey Release 2.20 version (Free): QuickDraw plugin capability has been restored. Mac OS X 10.5
Facebook is one of the sole reasons people spend more time in front of a computer than ever before. Personally, I blame timeline because for some reason you always want to check what your friends are doing/sharing. I have a really small list of friends/family and I only add family and friends that I know “in real life”. But anyways when it comes to PowerPC users we are very limited in finding Facebook applications compatible with our system. Some time ago I posted about a menu tab and recently found another option to share with you today:
* Facebook Desktop 1.9 (Shareware) – PowerPC Leopard 10.5. It looks like a browser but its very dynamic and already has tabs for Facebook, Twitter, Chat and Lifestyle. It’s really nice to browse and it ran very well on my iBook 1.07GHz. The only problem is this is a Demo version and you can only run it for 5 minutes at a time. The developer’s web site it’s offline so it’s hard to contact them to get a serial number. Anyways I still think its a good application to share with you:
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
Subscribe to MacPowerPC and keep up to date with our posts.
This might be a must application for many of you but for some of you it might not change anything in your day to day computer use. Either way we are here to share information and applications available for PowerPC computers running the Mac OS X Operational System.
SetAlphaValue 2.2.2 (Free) – PowerPC 10.3.9 or later. This application sets the alphaValue of windows and has been discontinued. (Just saying). If anyone have or found a link please share with us.