Darwine: PowerPC – Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther or later.
Darwine project intends to port and develop WINE as well as other supporting tools that will allow Darwin and Mac OS X/ppc users to run Windows Applications, and to provide a Win32 API compatibility at application source code level.
Today is our 3 year anniversary. I want to thank all of you for supporting us all these years. We Mac PowerPC users must stick together for better or worse. We might not have the most powerful machines but we can be the most connected computer community. And I assure you we do have the most beautiful designed computers (G3, G4 and G4).
Show PowerPC some love and write some words on our wall.
* FlashToHTML5 (3.2) – Free – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. It is a Safari extension that replaces the standard YouTube Flash Player with an HTML5 player. Download Here.
* Youtube5 – PowerPC Friendly – Free – Leopard 10.5 – It removes the need to use flash on YouTube by converting all videos to their HTML5 video tag equivalents. It also has the added benefits of decreased CPU usage compared to flash, and the removal of in-video ads. Download Here
* XMIND – 3.2.1 – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. With clean and kind interface, is a revolutionary Presentation/Mind Mapping/Brainstorming software application. It enables users to capture various ideas and manage information easily with revolutionizing way. Your work will become simple and efficient.
In XMIND, you can plan your meeting effortlessly by creating an agenda and finalizing details in one map with the hierarchical structure. All information in the map can be captured easily by filtering with markers and labels. During meeting, you can use XMIND to make presentation. Download Here
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
* PDF Writer for Mac – 1.2.1 – Download Here (10.5 / Leopard). I think it might work on 10.4 Tiger.
PDFwriter is a printer driver for Mac OS X, which will let you generate PDF files by simply printing. PDFwriter is heavily based on CUPS-PDF. It doesn’t use ghostscript to generate PDF files, instead it uses the Mac OS X internal pdf capabilities.
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. – PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here