Linux PowerPC is a good site to check – http://linuxpowerpc.blogspot.ca
Today is our 3 year anniversary. I want to thank all of you for supporting us all these years. We Mac PowerPC users must stick together for better or worse. We might not have the most powerful machines but we can be the most connected computer community. And I assure you we do have the most beautiful designed computers (G3, G4 and G4).
Show PowerPC some love and write some words on our wall.
:D Thank you ALL!
* PDF Writer for Mac – 1.2.1 – Download Here (10.5 / Leopard). I think it might work on 10.4 Tiger.
PDFwriter is a printer driver for Mac OS X, which will let you generate PDF files by simply printing. PDFwriter is heavily based on CUPS-PDF. It doesn’t use ghostscript to generate PDF files, instead it uses the Mac OS X internal pdf capabilities.
Hey guys I just want to heads up what is happening on this blog right now. We decide to try to use the system of AdFly.
What it does?
Well, when you click on some links it brings you to AdFly page and it will show some ads for 5 seconds and then you can skip the ad on the top right corner. It takes literally only 5 seconds.
We from Mac PowerPC started posting here since may/2011 (we have 231 posts). It almost 3 years posting about applications and things to do with your old good Macintosh. I get many e-mails from people telling me that they started using their old Macintosh that once was lost in closet. I’m very happy when I get this kind of feedback because we are recycling these machines and we are getting most of our money back, I believe when you bought the latest G4 and G5 back in the day you spent a good amount of money.
I do appreciate all the donations (but it very rare when it happens). I understand is hard to give money for something that you are getting for free, and free is the deal that we are always looking to post here, you can check almost all the posts they are about fee applications. But I have bills to pay with this blog, every year I have to renew this blog/ address/etc and it cost me money to keep this blog running, believe me I’m not making money out of this I’m just trying to make it pay for itself.
I only hope you guys understand the situation and don’t make a big deal about it.
Please let me know what you guys think about it, since we changed (2 days ago) we just got 1 bad feedback.
Thank you all.
This link is very interesting for all iPod users. How to sync iPods without deleting music : http://techchannel.radioshack.com/sync-ipod-deleting-music-1664.html
This is my first post after a long vacation! I really tried to keep in touch and do some research but for so many reasons I couldn’t get back on track and actually I was most of the time “off line”.
We are on our way through 2014 and I’m glad to see you’re all still using PowerPC! I was pleasantly surprised to see that people have started collecting the PowerPCs…I saw that the G3s have gone straight to the “rare list” and noted an iBook clamshell on eBay costing over $200. The message is simple: if you’re lucky enough to have one, then hold on to it because you might get way more in a few years!
A while ago I received an e-mail from Zen (PowerPC Liberation: http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.com) telling me that a copycat was mirroring his blog. I was very surprised that we get to this point where people would steal material for unknown reasons, because if this person is looking to make money with ads, frankly PowerPC material is not the most popular technology online! Also he copied everything and I mean EVERYTHING. So please, as we are becoming a very united and close group if you guys see something suspicious let’s give a heads up to each other and share information. We PowerPC users know where to get news/information and if there is a new blog with a suspicious material let’s report it.
I’m glad to know that Zen found out and reported to Google and they removed the copycat blog.
I have new recommended blogs/sites that I’ve stumbled across, and highly recommend that you all take note of what they’re posting.
* My Abandonware – http://www.myabandonware.com If you are looking for an old game here is place to start. Games from 1980 to 2002.
* FreeSMUG – http://www.freesmug.org/start If you’re looking for Open Source software that is still available to your Mac PowerPC, then here is place to stop by and take a look around. Graphic section is really good!
* MacOS9Lives – http://www.macos9lives.com This blog will definitely will bring you back to the roots. I can see you taking your G3/G4 machine out of the closet and powering it back on. Mac OS 9 Lives (just saying).
I found this very interesting: http://www.macyourself.com/2010/01/07/solution-to-finder-error-code-36-in-10-6-when-copying-folders/
SeaMonkey for PowerPC just released (2.22.1) – Leopard 10.5
– Additional Functionality: QuickDraw Plugin capability has been restored.
*MacPowerPC Gaming – http://powerpcgaming.wordpress.com – Great blog dedicated for PowerPC gamers. All gamers is time to turn on your machines and enjoy some great options.
Maid Tamashi Studio Is about to release in 2014 an Android Software for Mac PowerBooks (PowerPC). We just hope to hear very soon from them. More informations:
It’s time to update your SeaMonkey to 2.21 (Additional functionality: QuickDraw plugin capability has been restored).
Also I found this post very nice, if you have time take a look: http://clausstiekallesoe.org/post/44451908487/can-we-still-use-older-hardware-for-our-daily-needs
Recently our friends from PowerPC Liberation – http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.com – celebrated a birthday. Like me, these guys tirelessly work to ensure our beloved PowerPCs stay relevant. We wish them all the best and many more years of PowerPC related blogging to come. Some of their focus has been to keep Mac OS X running for applications that do not require internet, for internet material they are 100% Linux for security reason. Keep your eyes on PowerPC Liberation because they continue to provide good information about how to transit from Mac to Linux and all the Linux related applications that you just can’t live without!
* Tech Laggard – http://www.techlaggard.com/ – I really like this video, its totally worth watching.
* The Mother Ship – http://macmothership.com – Awesome Web-Site with great information about Macintosh and Lisa. The Galleries are great and don’t forget to visit once you click the link, which displays historic flyers, ads, brochures, etc. The information spans from 1976 to 2002…it’s fascinating! Mac Mother Ship has done a beautiful layout on their web site. Way to Go!
* Elvira Sweeney’s Old Mac Love – http://elvirasweeney.com/oldmac/index.html – Why not browse some random information to see what people think about the G4.
* OldVersion – http://www.oldversion.com/mac/ – Because newer is not always better. And that is what this web site is all about.
* Humanize Technology – https://techuman.wordpress.com They do have good material related to Technology and some PowerPC material.
* HappyMacs – Quadras, Cubes and G5s – http://happymacs.wordpress.com Awesome blog also working with Pre-Intel Macs material. I just found it because they made some good comments on our material and we always welcome new blogs to our group.
* GamesWidgets – http://g-a-m-e-w-i-d-g-e-t-s.blogspot.com/ – Yes they do deserve a space here, this blog is awesome, I always find good games to run on DashBoard.
SeaMonkey Release 2.20 version (Free): QuickDraw plugin capability has been restored. Mac OS X 10.5
This information is very interesting: http://morrick.me/archives/6292
Mac Icon Pillows anyone? This is really cool. It sounds like a Fan-Boy, but these pillows will look fantastic in any Mac Collection.