* Path Finder is a Finder alternative that combines the Finder’s interface with the powerful utilities and innovative features. PowerPC Friendly (Demo).
* Path Finder 5.2.2 – Download Here
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
Tinker Tool – 3.95 – 10.1 Puma / 10.2 Jaguar / 10.3 Panther
Tinker Tool – 4.5 – 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
I did like this post and I decided to share with you guys. It might help someone of you out there.
Share files never was so easy.
* Push 0.86 – http://www.jazzaround.net/push/ – PowerPC friendly. 10.5 / Leopard. It’s very simple to use and works great. Whenever you want to share a file between a group of users simply put it in your public folder. Push will take care of all the rest and send it to all the users who want it.
A powerful, easy to use tool to browse the contents of your iPod/iPhone/iPad from your Mac.
* DeTunes 1.0.8 – Free – http://www.headlightsoft.com/detune/ – PowerPC friendly. Works on 10.5/(Leopard).
One of the greatest features is the ability to copy the music from your iPod back to your computer or the other way around. It’s a must have application if you have any kind of iPod. Also it’s a back up safer.
This link is very interesting for all iPod users. How to sync iPods without deleting music : http://techchannel.radioshack.com/sync-ipod-deleting-music-1664.html
iTerm 2 is a replacement for Terminal and successor to iTerm. It’s PowerPC friendly and runs on 10.5 (Leopard).
* iTerm2 – http://www.iterm2.com/#/section/home
This is a utility to quickly and easily create a RAM disk on your Mac OS X.
* MakeRAM Disk – http://boredzo.org/make-ram-disk/ (PowerPC 10.3/10.4/10.5) – Panther/Tiger/Leopard. #PowerPCFriendly.
A RAM Disk has no permanent storage and it will be forgotten at shutdown. But is at least as fast as your hard drive. It’s a very intriguing utility that you might love or you don’t need it.
…and bingo, TeamSpeak 3 or (184.108.40.206) works on PowerPC – Leopard 10.5.8. It’s cross platform VoIP with crystal clear voice communication. Great application!
* TeamSpeak 3 (Demo) – http://www.teamspeak.com/
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3’s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
I have been looking for an application like this one that I’m about to share for a long time now. It’s very straight forward so do not expect anything other than its ability to play music. In this instance, the one benefit is that it plays music with style.
* Retro Player 1.7 – (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 or later. It’s a simple music player that looks like a retro LP player, complete with on/off button and speed adjustor(33/45). You also can “fast forward” into a specific part of the album by moving the arm and placing at your desired location. You can also choose the amount of record noise you want to hear, and the program will insert the “snaps and pops” that you’d expect from an LP.
I have my conventional Vinyl Player and I’m always on the look out for adding classic Vinyls to my collection… but this app is awesome. I’m always playing random MP3s with it. The only thing I wish there was a way to open more than a just a single album. http://www.studio-kura.com/ Download here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16405/retroplayer
Talking about Players, it’s your lucky day… I have one more.
* Cabrio 1.1 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 8.1 or later. Yes you guys read that right Mac OS 8.1!? This is a simple and cool MP3 player that is always good to have to play something that is not in your iTunes or library files. http://cabrio-os.en.softonic.com/mac
I found this very interesting: http://www.macyourself.com/2010/01/07/solution-to-finder-error-code-36-in-10-6-when-copying-folders/
I admit that I regularly get e-mails asking me how to watch Netflix on a PowerPC, so I thought I had better answer this question to the masses. In the past I did some research but I didn’t have time to finish the post. Here are some of the links and resources that I have to share with you:
I don’t have a Netflix account so I’m not sure if works or not.
This Link it says to Delete InstallationCheck from the “Show Package Contents” > “Resources”.
Please if you have some time to share your results with our community we really appreciate.
* * * * * * *
Here is very interesting, the steps with Firefox worked well. It’s something to consider.
Please share your results with us.
* CleanMyMac 2 – http://macpaw.com/cleanmymac
As we know, a clean computer can help your machine to work faster. There are many applications that help you to maintain a clean, organized and healthy computer. If you are one of those people who never turns off their machines (like me), or someone who drag and drops things to their desktop to deal with later, you’ll love CleanMyMac2.
Awhile back we mentioned CleanMyMac as being an awesome application to have installed and running on (10.4 and 10.5) and we still stand by this comment. Recently we got a message from MacPaw requesting that we review CleanMyMac 2 compatible with (10.7 and 10.8) Only. Unfortunately this means that CleanMyMac 2 is not compatible with PowerPC. PowerPC users will have to download CleanMyMac Classic.
The main reason that I believe in this application is because it is one application with everything you need and not other way around. It’s so easy to control and keep an eye on your Mac. I Choose Full Scan and went to grab a coffee and a few minutes later my Mac was clean and had freed up a good amount of hard drive space for me to use on other programs or files.
Also, I have to point out some of the great features like Large & Old Files that will show folders and files you have on your system and you can also see how long ago you last opened them, and you can even sort them by size. iPhoto Cleanup and Trash Cleanup is very handy…and can also help you to free up more of your valuable space!
One of my favorite features is that it’s now much easier to uninstall applications you don’t use anymore and you will find out just how long ago you last used them. Be sure to check the Leftovers tab to make sure your unwanted app did not left anything behind!
Last but not least: Eraser is a feature that will secure erased files or folders you don’t need/want anymore.
Before we finish this post let’s not forget about the interface. Here is a huge plus for us: if the Classic version was already very straight forward and simple to browse, then version 2 is quite simply unbelievably well done. They’ve managed to make it easier for us to be more organized. In my opinion, CleanMyMac 2 is the best way to go minimalist when it comes to your computer!
The question before I write this post is Why we do not save our documents? I just lost my entire post because of sheer laziness… Lesson learned and now it’s time to move on!
We have been posting here for awhile now and my PowerPC friends know that I always try to find free or low cost applications to share for many reasons. Sometimes I come across some non-free applications that I think my readers would be interested in, and post them anyways. These products often have features that the free ones do not…
EagleFiler 1.5.10 (Demo) – PowerPC 10.4 – Tiger / 10.5 – Leopard. It’s an easy way to archive and manage all your documents, and various other pieces of information including e-mails, web pages, etc. Organize everything into folders and add tags and notes to make it easier to search for later!
* http://c-command.com/eaglefiler/ (Go Support for the version 1.5.10). The new version is not compatible on PowerPC.
MacLampsX 2.0 (Free) PowerPC 10.4/10.5 (Tiger/Leopard).
I just came across an app that lets you play around on your Desktop! MacLampsX brings light to your Desktop, it allows you to decorate for Christmas and many other holidays. It has a small set of default holidays but also allows you to create your own. This version allow you to add bigger bulbs and to play music at your own discretion. Happy Holidays with your PowerPC!