I follow a very nice Facebook Page called: Mac OS X Tiger PPC and they post useful material that I felt obliged to share with you here.
They basically show that we have printer drivers installed that we don’t use, which can be found in Hard Drive/Library/Printers. Carefully remove the folders for printers that you don’t use and you will likely save over 1GB of hard drive space!
A second tip to maximize your system is an application called IceClean, which is a powerful system maintenance and optimization tool using UNIX built-in System.
Facebook is one of the sole reasons people spend more time in front of a computer than ever before. Personally, I blame timeline because for some reason you always want to check what your friends are doing/sharing. I have a really small list of friends/family and I only add family and friends that I know “in real life”. But anyways when it comes to PowerPC users we are very limited in finding Facebook applications compatible with our system. Some time ago I posted about a menu tab and recently found another option to share with you today:
* Facebook Desktop 1.9 (Shareware) – PowerPC Leopard 10.5. It looks like a browser but its very dynamic and already has tabs for Facebook, Twitter, Chat and Lifestyle. It’s really nice to browse and it ran very well on my iBook 1.07GHz. The only problem is this is a Demo version and you can only run it for 5 minutes at a time. The developer’s web site it’s offline so it’s hard to contact them to get a serial number. Anyways I still think its a good application to share with you:
This might be a must application for many of you but for some of you it might not change anything in your day to day computer use. Either way we are here to share information and applications available for PowerPC computers running the Mac OS X Operational System.
SetAlphaValue 2.2.2 (Free) – PowerPC 10.3.9 or later. This application sets the alphaValue of windows and has been discontinued. (Just saying). If anyone have or found a link please share with us.
Let’s get back on track, now MacPowerPC is running an application test on an iBook G4 (1.07GHz + 1.25GB Ram) and that my dear readers is quite good! I will still be looking for something more power like PowerMac G5 (dual) with 4GB Ram but this is a search for the future, and all the document processing we are doing on a PowerBook G3 (Pismo – 400MHz + 320MB Ram) Running 10.3.9. We decide to share the work because some applications ask to save your work for you, but sometimes others just restart automatically and if you are typing the material you lose it. Anyways…
We all know about Guitar Hero, so I would like to share an incredibly funny game that runs on our favorite processor.
* Frets On Fire – 1.3.110 (Free) – PowerPC 10.4 or later. It’s really fun to play this cross platform game. It’s like playing Guitar Hero on your PowerPC. Don’t waste your time, download now and start having fun! - http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
This is a fast post is to share some tricks that some of my readers have shared with me recently on my social media sites.
* If your are looking for some Safari Extensions please take a look at this web site because you might find the extensions you were looking for to make your browsing easier. FYI: AlterVideo is interesting:
Everybody knows that even small expenditures add up… In my opinion, tracking your money and your expenses are fundamental to the health of your pocket. PowerPC computers are a great tool to help you in tracking because they run some of the web’s best applications that have been specially designed to help you in your quest. Check back to some of our previous posts here on Mac PowerPC and you will find quite few of them in our archive. But today I wanted to share the following with you;
* Budget Workbook – 1.7.5 (Shareware) – PowerPC friendly – Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5. http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/workbookmac/ It’s a simple expense tracker, easy to use with a very friendly interface that will easily help you to find where your money is going.
* Pay It Down – 1.4.1 (Shareware) – PowerPC friendly – Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5. http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/payitdownmac/ . Graph your debt profile. See when you will be out of debt. Determine the best strategy for getting out of debt.
Remember your donations help support this blog and are always appreciated. I encourage you to make a budget and stick with it, to make sure you won’t be in the red.
For use with iTunes, you can extract the artwork from the selected track’s ID3 tag and copy it to an image file in a chosen location. It is also a fully fledged artwork manager as it can fetch album covers from all over the internet!
iCab 5.0.1 – Shareware – PowerPC 10.5/Leopard – http://www.icab.de/index.html – iCab is an alternative web browser for the Apple Macintosh with numerous useful features. On the web site it says it is Intel but it does work on PowerPC.
Let’s talk about nostalgia… I was checking few blogs and web sites and I found a great article on LowEndMac talking about the old Mac OS System. I thought that it would be great to Know a bit about OS 6 or OS 7, just to play around and do some tests.
I’m not sure about you, but one of my favorite games on windows 98 was definitely Solitaire! I could spend hours (at work) playing this game…and I miss it! I decided to share a few versions of this old skool game, that still run on our PowerPC Macs.