I would say that djaying is one of the most time consuming thing to do with your computer if you are into music and throw party to friends.
Sad news to get the newest Macbook Air or Macbook Pro just to djaying is very expensive, so why not look for an old cheap option like PowerBook or iBook, most of people won’t know the different unless you are using a very cool colour iBook G3 or a PowerBook Pismo/Wallstreet that the Apple logo is upside down.
Either way you can install a old version of Djay (3.1.2) totally compatible with Mac OS X 10.5. Of course there are some limitations when you compare the most recent 4.2.3, but the application run just fine and you will rock the party… …as long as your music rocks, of course.
Have fun guys.
* Djay 3.1.2 – Download here: http://adf.ly/tpP1G (Please wait 5 seconds and skip on top right corner).
Once I started using Mac I never actually had any issues finding and adapting to new applications. I turned my back to windows and never retreat it. But some of you might want to use some windows program and this application will help you.
Titanium Software also has a very interesting application:
* Maintenance is a system maintenance and cleaning utility for Max OS X that allows you to run tasks of system maintenance: repair permission, run periodic scripts, reset spotlight’s index, delete application, font and system cache, check status of the hard drive, etc.
Darwine: PowerPC – Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther or later.
Darwine project intends to port and develop WINE as well as other supporting tools that will allow Darwin and Mac OS X/ppc users to run Windows Applications, and to provide a Win32 API compatibility at application source code level.
* XMIND – 3.2.1 – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. With clean and kind interface, is a revolutionary Presentation/Mind Mapping/Brainstorming software application. It enables users to capture various ideas and manage information easily with revolutionizing way. Your work will become simple and efficient.
In XMIND, you can plan your meeting effortlessly by creating an agenda and finalizing details in one map with the hierarchical structure. All information in the map can be captured easily by filtering with markers and labels. During meeting, you can use XMIND to make presentation. Download Here
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. – PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
Welcome to Bodega, the world’s most innovative way to find and obtain application on your PowerPC. Just download and install the Bodega app, and you have access to a catalog of software and you can update some of what you already have installed.
* Bodega (1.5.3) This is the only version that runs on PowerPC / 10.5 Leopard. Please do not update to 1.6.2.
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
We’re talking about Recovery Data applications and these days are very had to find an app compatible with PowerPC. So let’s thumbs up for Stellar Phoenix because they still supporting our beloved machines.
Stellar Phoenix – Mac Data Recovery – Bring your lost data back to life. Reclaim files, document, images, music, movies lost or deleted from any hard drive format.
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) – PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.