* FFMPEGX (0.0.9y)- PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Nice and easy to use converter. Download Here . Convert you DVDs to DivX, MPEG, VCD and XVCD.
* XMIND – 3.2.1 – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. With clean and kind interface, is a revolutionary Presentation/Mind Mapping/Brainstorming software application. It enables users to capture various ideas and manage information easily with revolutionizing way. Your work will become simple and efficient.
In XMIND, you can plan your meeting effortlessly by creating an agenda and finalizing details in one map with the hierarchical structure. All information in the map can be captured easily by filtering with markers and labels. During meeting, you can use XMIND to make presentation.
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
Tinker Tool – 3.95 – 10.1 Puma / 10.2 Jaguar / 10.3 Panther
Tinker Tool – 4.5 – 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. - PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players and newer MTP players. It uses libnjb and libmtp for low-level device communication. See the device list to see if your device is supported.
* XNJB (1.5.10) is free software - Download Here. PowerPC Friendly and runs on 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard.
This application is so cool! And I mean really cool.
It will let you play RAR compressed files using VLC without having to extract. AWESOME!
* VLC RAR Loader (Free) – PowerPC friendly. 10.5 Leopard – Download here.
If you try on Tiger or Panther, please, share the result with us.
Thank you guys and keep checking on us.
Welcome to Bodega, the world’s most innovative way to find and obtain application on your PowerPC. Just download and install the Bodega app, and you have access to a catalog of software and you can update some of what you already have installed.
* Bodega (1.5.3) This is the only version that runs on PowerPC / 10.5 Leopard. Please do not update to 1.6.2.
DOWNLOAD HERE The right version for PowerPC.
Let me know what you guys think and share comments. If you try to install on Tiger let us know the results.
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
We’re talking about Recovery Data applications and these days are very had to find an app compatible with PowerPC. So let’s thumbs up for Stellar Phoenix because they still supporting our beloved machines.
Stellar Phoenix – Mac Data Recovery – Bring your lost data back to life. Reclaim files, document, images, music, movies lost or deleted from any hard drive format.
* Download PowerPC version here: DMG -http://download.stellarinfo.com/stellar/StellarPhoenixMacDataRecoveryPPC.dmg.zip
- Mac Data Recover
- Deleted File Recover
- Deleted Volume Recovey
- Raw Recovery
- Mac Photo Recovery
- System Startup Disc
- Recover Data from NTFS Partition on Mac
- Create Image
- Recovery from Fat formatted Drives/Volumes
- Resume Recovery
- Optical Media Recovery
- Preview During Scan
- iPod Data Recovery
- Simple and Interactive GUI
- Selective Recovery
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) - PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.
SoundFlower allows applications to pass audio to other application.
* SoundFlower – 1.4.3 (Free) - PowerPC Friendly Leopard / Tiger. Download Here
Soundflower is a OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. It is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio.
Communication is how the internet became so cool. I still remember using ICQ back in the days for hours and it was texting only.
* Yahoo! Messenger 3.0.2 (Free) Download Here Allows you to see when your friends get online. You can chat, send files and also have webcam support. PowerPC Friendly 10.4.+ (Tiger) or later
* Yahoo! Messenger also available for Classic Mac OS 8.1 – 9.2.2.
Are you into creating Gifs?
* GiftedMotion 1.23 – Free - http://www.onyxbits.de/giftedmotion
* Chipmunk 1.5.4 – Leopard 10.5.+ – http://www.furry-rodents.com/
* Chipmunk 1.2 – Tiger 10.4.+
Find all duplicates. Fast. Find duplicates where ever they are what ever name they have. Chipmunk considers strictly content. No mucking about with creation dates and file names and stuff. You will be amazed how quickly Chipmunk eats through hundreds of megabytes, considering it compares the content of these files.
Search all drives connected to your Mac If you can access it you can search it. External drives, network shares, removable media, you name it.
Delete duplicates more intelligently Delete all files in a folder that have duplicates elsewhere. Or vice versa: Delete all files outside a folder that have duplicates inside it. Or hand pick your candidates, of course.
Undo, Retrieve From Trash You have been too quick on the trash button? Not a problem, just hit Undo. You can also retrieve files selectively from the trash. Quick Look, Reveal In Finder and Growl Support Quick Look or reveal any file you like in Finder (Quick Look available only when run on Leopard)
Frisbee Software is a fresh and small software house specialized in the development of free Mac software.
* Frisbee Software - http://frisbeesoftware.weebly.com/applications.html
The list of softwares goes on and system requirements are: Any G3 / G4 / G5. 10.4 / 10.5.
* DiscEject 1.8 (It helps to eject almost all the stuck css/dvds.)
* Purge 1.0 (RAM optimizer, it helps freeing RAM)
* PaperScreen 1.0 (It changes your desktop wallpaper into a background screensaver.) Very Cool.
* Tempus 1.0 (It allows you to view how much time is started on opened your computer).
FUSE for OS X allows you to extend OS X’s native file handling capabilities via third-party file systems. OSXFUSE is a successor to MacFUSE, which has been used as a software building block by dozens of products, but is no longer being maintained.
As a user, installing the OSXFUSE software package will let you use any third-party file system written atop OSXFUSE or MacFUSE, if you choose to install the MacFUSE compatibility layer.
* Fuse – OSXFUSE 2.6.2 – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 / Leopard. The easiest and fast way to create file systems for OS X.
* SSHFS 2.5.0 – PowerPC – Leopard / 10.5