* FFMPEGX (0.0.9y)- PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Nice and easy to use converter. Download Here . Convert you DVDs to DivX, MPEG, VCD and XVCD.
Summer time is a very difficult time to blog for the MacPowerPC team because of our day jobs. It’s our busiest time of year and admittedly it’s difficult to find the time to release quality posts. I wanted to let everyone know that even during our hiatus, we have still been searching and saving material for later updates, on a regular basis. Now that fall is settling in, we have time to get back on track for our weekly updates…and have we got a LOT to catch up on!
2.8 – (Free) – PowerPC Tiger/Leopard. It’s an easy way to quickly download videos from YouTube, convert them and import to iTunes to watch on your iPod or AppleTV.
I’m sorry guys for the misunderstanding, the right version that is compatible with PowerPC is Tooble 2.7.9. Download here: http://cl.ly/RSL2
I would like to thank you to Bjornels for sharing the link with us. The version that he found also works on PowerPC – http://tooble.en.softonic.com/mac
I don’t know how many of you still have BlackBerry cellphones, but at one point BlackBerry was cutting edge and considered cool, and in my opinion they still are. I do not own one so I’m not familiar with the system etc, but I found this application which is PowerPC friendly and I would like to share it with you here:
* DVD to BlackBerry Converter for Mac ($28.00) – http://joboshare.com/dvd-to-blackberry-converter-mac.html – PowerPC G5 / Leopard – 10.5. It’s a professional Mac DVD to BlackBerry convert tool.
* iCoolsoft M4A Converter 3.1.08 – (shareware) PowerPC friendly Leopard / 10.5 – It’s a converter for Mac. It converts M4A to MP3, WMA, WAV, etc. Other popular video and audio formats are also supported for you to convert almost all multimedia files to M4A files.
http://www.icoolsoft.com/downloads.html (Audio Tools)
- Support comprehensive multimedia formats
Almost all audio formats are supported as the input and output formats, including AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4R, AU, FLAC, MP3, M4A, MP2, OGG, MKA, WAV, WMA, etc. All popular general videos and HD videos are supported as the input formats, such as AVI, WMV, MPEG, RMVB, MOV, FLV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, MKV, TS, MOD, TOD and so on.
It’s always important to have access to a good application that easily converts your video and audio. iConvertX not only completes the conversion quickly, but anyone can figure how how to work it. It’s as easy as drag and drop…so even your grandmother could figure out how to work it!
iConvertX 4.0.1 (Shareware $3.75) (First 5 times are free to try) http://joris-vervuurt.com/page4/page4.php – PowerPC friendly, runs on 10.5 / 10.4 / 10.3 – Leopard / Tiger / Panther.
P.S.: It seems Joris Vervuurt also developed iTubex, an application that allows you to download videos from Youtube. As far as I can see, version 8.0 will work on PowerPC running 10.5, but unfortunately I didn’t find a safe source to download the application, to do my tests. If you guys would like to share the results or links, please feel free to drop us a line to let us know how it worked for you!
List of format that will convert:
.mp4 / .flv / .3gp / .pct / .m4v / .avi / .dv / .mov / .flc / .qtl / .wav / .aiff / .au / .moov / .mp3 / .swa / .m1a / .mp2 / .mpa / .mpeg / .mpg / .m1s / .mpm / .divx / .mkv / .gvi / .vp6 / .vfw
This post is supposed to be just about AppDelete, but when browsing the web, I noted that the developer also has another conversion app that works on the PowerPC so this became a double post!
AppDelete is shareware but it definitely does the job! If you are looking for a very easy to use “drag and drop” uninstaller that also allows you to browse your application, screensaver, widgets, as you uninstall, then I think this is a great option for you. It properly uninstalls the applications without leaving any files behind. (Trial version will give you 5 uses)
AppDelete 3.2.8 ($7.99) PowerPC – 10.5 Leopard – http://www.reggieashworth.com/appdelete
AppDelete 2.2.4 ($5.00) PowerPC – 10.3/10.4 Panther/Tiger – http://www.reggieashworth.com/appdelete
VidConvert also follows the same layout, it’s very easy to use and the best feature is the “drag and drop”. It will convert any type of video into one of the many popular formats of today. (Supported output – iPhone, iPad, iPod, Retina, Apple TV, QuickTime, .mp4, .avi, DivX, Xvid, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD (.vob), Windows Media, Flash, Matroska (.mkv), Theora (.ogg), .m4a, .mp3, .aiff, .wav, .wma, .ac3) (Trial version will convert only 3 minutes sample videos.
* VidConvert 1.4.1 ($7.99) – PowerPC 10.5 Leopard – http://www.reggieashworth.com/vidconvert
Right now for Intel Mac can download DivX8 but PowerPC Macs can still install DivX6. It’s good software to have installed because it plays all DivX videos and MKV formats. You can convert files ending in one of the following extensions: .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .avi and divx, by just dragging and dropping! One nice feature of DivX is the conversion profile. The profiles are predefined templates where you choose the dimensions you want, select the video bitrate and other conversion settings that are appropriate for various playback devices. There are 5 standard profiles, handheld, portable, home theater, high def and custom.
* DivX 6 (Demo) – Leopard 10.5 and (maybe Tiger 10.4) PowerPC – http://cl.ly/2v2W0m1a1j3n0W081027
iFFmpeg for Mac PowerPC 2.3.0
If your looking for good convert/encode software I would say to check out iFFmpeg, it’s simple to use like most of Apple applications: drag and drop! gosh I so love this system of drag and drop. I have to confess that I was windows user a looooooooong time ago, but back to what really matters here!! There are so many formats that this app supports, that having this app saved in your application folder would be a safe thing to do. Just to mention a few formats you can convert/encode: Apple TV, iPhone, iPod, iPad, mp4, wii, avi, PS3, PSP, X360, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, mov, mpg, AAC, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, WMA, REALMEDIA, RM, MKV, FLV, VOB, DV NTSC, etc. Check the picture bellow for full list.
*iFFmpeg – 2.3.0 (Shareware $10.00) (Free Trial) – Leopard – http://www.iffmpeg.com/styled-4/index.html
After we talked about players for mac powerpc users, I thought it should be interesting to add one more post to show you a few softwares that will help you in case you want to encode/convert music to any other format. So I started looking and I found great options for our PowerPC machines running 10.4 or later. Also I included in this post, a great and very useful plugin to QuickTime. With this plugin you are able to play almost all movie formats.
* All2MP3 – It’s a simple software that helps you to easily covert all different formats of audio to MP3 as the name of this application says. It’s a basic Mac thing, drag and drop… http://www.tresrrr.com/Personal/ENGLISH.html
* Switch – It’s another simple software that helps you to convert audio files and many different formats, not limited only to MP3. It’s a very powerful app and it’s going to help for those who use 2 or more OS because is easy to convert between mac and windows. It supports audio file formats wav, mp3, wma, mp2, m4a, ogg, avi, mid, flac, mov, amr, aac, mpga, dct, au, aif/aiff, raw, dvf, vox, cda, gsm, dss, sri, shn, dss, msv, wmv, etc. http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html
* X Lossless Decoder – It’s a great app that allows you to decode or convert lossless apple audio. It supports many audio formats including Ogg, FLAC, Monkey’s Audio, Wavpack, TTA, Apple Lossless, TAK, Shorten, Wav, AIFF. Download and keep these options and you never will have problems with you audio files. http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html
*Perian – (Absolutely necessary) Last but not least comes an amazing plugin that helps QuickTime to be able to read all the formats that were previously impossible to read. AVI, FLV, and MKV file formats, MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivX, H.264, FLV1, FSV1, VP6, H263I, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), MPEG Layer II Audio, AVI support for: AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, and VBR MP3, subtitle support for SSA and SRT. http://perian.org/
Please if you like subscribe to my blog or leave a comment. Thanks
Thank you André for sharing this app with us.
*Xact – I took a look online and it seems this app Xact 2.14 is Intel only, but an old version like 2.13 or older 1.63 works in a PowerPC. At this moment I can not test, but if you can please feel free to share with us the results.
1.63 – (10.2/10.3/10.4) http://download.cnet.com/DC30-Xact-Driver/3000-2108_4-39818.html
2.13 – (10.5) http://xact.mac.findmysoft.com/