Front Row plugin for streaming video.
* Understudy (0.10.1) – PowerPC Friendly – Download Here
I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Special thanks to Burdo.
I did like this post and I decided to share with you guys. It might help someone of you out there.
The TenFourFox QuickTime Enabler allows you to play selected HTML5 video and audio files and YouTube videos in QuickTime, outside of the browser. You can even play H.264 content with the QTE. This gives you a safer alternative to Flash for many videos.
* Quick Time Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyVkN
If you especially need YouTube support, you may also benefit from installing the MacTubesEnabler.
* MacTubes Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyWIT
Frisbee Software is a fresh and small software house specialized in the development of free Mac software.
* Frisbee Software - http://frisbeesoftware.weebly.com/applications.html
The list of softwares goes on and system requirements are: Any G3 / G4 / G5. 10.4 / 10.5.
* DiscEject 1.8 (It helps to eject almost all the stuck css/dvds.)
* Purge 1.0 (RAM optimizer, it helps freeing RAM)
* PaperScreen 1.0 (It changes your desktop wallpaper into a background screensaver.) Very Cool.
* Tempus 1.0 (It allows you to view how much time is started on opened your computer).
iTerm 2 is a replacement for Terminal and successor to iTerm. It’s PowerPC friendly and runs on 10.5 (Leopard).
* iTerm2 - http://www.iterm2.com/#/section/home
I don’t know how many of you still have BlackBerry cellphones, but at one point BlackBerry was cutting edge and considered cool, and in my opinion they still are. I do not own one so I’m not familiar with the system etc, but I found this application which is PowerPC friendly and I would like to share it with you here:
* DVD to BlackBerry Converter for Mac ($28.00) – http://joboshare.com/dvd-to-blackberry-converter-mac.html – PowerPC G5 / Leopard – 10.5. It’s a professional Mac DVD to BlackBerry convert tool.
I think it’s high time to “pimp out” our PowerPCs a little bit! In my opinion the G3/G4/G5 are one of the best designs Apple ever launched. They were designed so “out of the box” that even today they still look as modern as they day they were launched. I honestly love the iMac G4…some of my friends are very impressed with iMac G4 because it is a very minimalist machine…and we are talking about a design that is now over 10 years old! Anyways, I better stop talking about the G4 otherwise I won’t get to the point. I’ve been looking for this ScreenSaver for a long time now…you can find it in any iPad/tablet. In fact, I think some of the tablet users just use their tablets as clocks, as far as I see in some fabulous online photos. But if you have an office with a spare PowerPC machine hanging around, this will give you a cool reason to turn it ON and let it work for you again!
Fliqlo – 1.3.3 – (Free) – PowerPC – http://9031.com/goodies/
Briblo – 1.0.3 – (Free) – PowerPC – http://9031.com/goodies/ Also a Screen Saver but this is so funny, it’s a movable brick block that looks like Lego or Tetris. This would be considered a “Smart Screen Saver” because you can play with it by using the direction arrows on your keyboard. It’s very addictive, I even set up my Screen Saver to start on 3 minutes, when I’d usually opt for it to come on after 15 minutes – just so I can occasionally play with the bricks!
P.S.: Thanks Peter for sharing on comments these ScreenSavers are a show stoppers:
iBook Guy For Mac PowerPC
Has anyone ever heard about the iBookGuy? Well if not, I think all PowerPC users should visit his web-site – http://ibookguy.com, he has many tips about how to get the most out of your machine. He’s also got tips on how to disable a few tools that you probably won’t use very often, so that way you will have more free memory ram. When visiting this web-site, check out the “video production” he made. It’s a kind of reallity show/Podcast (A Week With a G4 – Are They Obsolete?) showing us how a G4 user can survive these days with an iBook G4, it’s very cool and totally worth spending some time to wacth all the videos. He also offers some services like fixing, selling parts, etc.
For more information, keep an eye on our blog as we are working hard to keep bringing you more and more options for your favorite PowerPC Mac.
* iBook Guy - http://www.ibookguy.com/