Indigo 5.1.13 – PowerPC Friendly (10.5) (no longer supported for PPC).
Indigo is an intelligent home automation server for Mac OS X. Amazing and powerful.
Neo for Leopard 1.0.33 (PowerPC friendly)
NeO is a powerful outliner built for MacOS X. Using NeO, you can efficiently manage and organize pieces of information. NeO supports basic outliner facilities, such as creating, moving, sorting, grouping, combining and gathering items. And the useful facilities help you manage and organize information.
For some reason I’m getting an issue when I launch this app, I sent report and I hope they will fix it soon, until there let’s wait. The installation went well and seems to be promising app.
Download here > http://d-lit.com/macosx/neo2/download.php
Happy New Year to all of us and 2016 just started and I think from now only the strongest PowerPC users will keep on keeping on.
viJournal 2.3.9 Lite – PowerPC friendly (10.5 (Leopard) It is a free lightweight version of viJournal. It’s designed as an old-fashioned page-a-day bound diary. You write your entries under dated headers and save them collectively by month and year. ViJournal has many powerful features, all added in such a way that they do not clutter the interface or detract from the original purpose of having viJournal work like a traditional bound diary. It’s simple and light, runs very good on 10.5 and It a definitely an app to have installed.
Download here: http://cl.ly/2E0f0E1R3f3A
You still have many things to do with your powerful PowerPC.
Blender is an open-source software for animation, 3D modelling and playback.
Blender 2.6.3A is powerpc friendly (10.5) and it can be download from here: http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.63/
As most of you know, most of these softwares are discontinued.
SJphone® is a VOIP softphone that allows you to speak with any other softphone running on a PC/PDA, any stand-alone IP-phone, or using Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with any traditional wired or mobile phone. It supports SIP and is fully inter-operable with most major VOIP vendors and ITSPs.
Who doesn’t want be DJ?
I would say that djaying is one of the most time consuming thing to do with your computer if you are into music and throw party to friends.
Sad news to get the newest Macbook Air or Macbook Pro just to djaying is very expensive, so why not look for an old cheap option like PowerBook or iBook, most of people won’t know the different unless you are using a very cool colour iBook G3 or a PowerBook Pismo/Wallstreet that the Apple logo is upside down.
Either way you can install a old version of Djay (3.1.2) totally compatible with Mac OS X 10.5. Of course there are some limitations when you compare the most recent 4.2.3, but the application run just fine and you will rock the party… …as long as your music rocks, of course.
Have fun guys.
* Djay 3.1.2 – Download here: http://adf.ly/tpP1G (Please wait 5 seconds and skip on top right corner).
Another good utility that still supporting PowerPC computers is Deeper from Titanium Software.
* Deeper is a personalization utility which allows you to enable and disable the hidden functions of the Finder, dock, etc.
– Tiger – 1.0.7
– Leopard – 1.1.5
Download here: http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloaddeeper.php
Titanium Software also has a very interesting application:
* Maintenance is a system maintenance and cleaning utility for Max OS X that allows you to run tasks of system maintenance: repair permission, run periodic scripts, reset spotlight’s index, delete application, font and system cache, check status of the hard drive, etc.
* Maintenance – 1.1.8 – Tiger
* Maintenance – 1.2.7 – Leopard
Download here: http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadmaintenance.php
Summer is very busy time for me. I will put some more effort to it as soon as slow down a bit.
* Onyx available for all Macs PowerPC or Intel.
Onyx is a multifunction utility, it helps you to keep your mac healthy, it deletes caches, removes certain numbers of files and folders that may become cumbersome and more.
ONYX – 1.3.1 – Jaguar
ONYX – 1.5.3 – Panther
ONYX – 1.8.6 – Tiger
ONYX – 2.0.6 – Leopard
Titanium Software – http://www.titanium.free.fr/downloadonyx.php
* FFMPEGX (0.0.9y)- PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Nice and easy to use converter. Download Here . Convert you DVDs to DivX, MPEG, VCD and XVCD.
* XMIND – 3.2.1 – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. With clean and kind interface, is a revolutionary Presentation/Mind Mapping/Brainstorming software application. It enables users to capture various ideas and manage information easily with revolutionizing way. Your work will become simple and efficient.
In XMIND, you can plan your meeting effortlessly by creating an agenda and finalizing details in one map with the hierarchical structure. All information in the map can be captured easily by filtering with markers and labels. During meeting, you can use XMIND to make presentation.
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
Tinker Tool – 3.95 – 10.1 Puma / 10.2 Jaguar / 10.3 Panther
Tinker Tool – 4.5 – 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard
XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players and newer MTP players. It uses libnjb and libmtp for low-level device communication. See the device list to see if your device is supported.
* XNJB (1.5.10) is free software – Download Here. PowerPC Friendly and runs on 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard.
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
We’re talking about Recovery Data applications and these days are very had to find an app compatible with PowerPC. So let’s thumbs up for Stellar Phoenix because they still supporting our beloved machines.
Stellar Phoenix – Mac Data Recovery – Bring your lost data back to life. Reclaim files, document, images, music, movies lost or deleted from any hard drive format.
* Download PowerPC version here: DMG –http://download.stellarinfo.com/stellar/StellarPhoenixMacDataRecoveryPPC.dmg.zip
– Mac Data Recover
– Deleted File Recover
– Deleted Volume Recovey
– Raw Recovery
– Mac Photo Recovery
– System Startup Disc
– Recover Data from NTFS Partition on Mac
– Create Image
– Recovery from Fat formatted Drives/Volumes
– Resume Recovery
– Optical Media Recovery
– Preview During Scan
– iPod Data Recovery
– Simple and Interactive GUI
– Selective Recovery
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) – PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.