* FFMPEGX (0.0.9y)- PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Nice and easy to use converter. Download Here . Convert you DVDs to DivX, MPEG, VCD and XVCD.
* Instapaper is a simple NotePad that it works from your Browser. Check Here
The coolest feature you can share with your friends what you are working on it. The good thing you are free of incompatibility of some softwares or office suite.
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
Tinker Tool – 3.95 – 10.1 Puma / 10.2 Jaguar / 10.3 Panther
Tinker Tool – 4.5 – 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. - PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players and newer MTP players. It uses libnjb and libmtp for low-level device communication. See the device list to see if your device is supported.
* XNJB (1.5.10) is free software - Download Here. PowerPC Friendly and runs on 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard.
Cocktail is an utility for Mac OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. It is a powerful digital toolset that helps to get the most out of your computer
The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Cocktail – PowerPC Friendly. It works on 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Download here.
The green button at the top of every window is actually called the “Zoom Button”. In some applications it actually does maximize the window. Then, in some like iTunes, it changes the interface from the full iTunes layout to the mini-player. In other apps, it just resizes the window to what Apple thinks is the best ‘fit’. To say this is a bit confusing to recent switchers is putting it mildly. So – lets fix that button once and for all.
Right Zoom provides a quick and easy solution for the zoom button’s inconsistent behavior. It enables you to make the zoom button maximize to full screen when you click the green orb.
* RightZoom (Free) – PowerPC Friendly / 10.5 Leopard / 10.4 Tiger available on this website – Download Here
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
Name: FREE DISCO
License available at the web-site.
I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Special thanks to Burdo.
SoundFlower allows applications to pass audio to other application.
* SoundFlower – 1.4.3 (Free) - PowerPC Friendly Leopard / Tiger. Download Here
Soundflower is a OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. It is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio.
Communication is how the internet became so cool. I still remember using ICQ back in the days for hours and it was texting only.
* Yahoo! Messenger 3.0.2 (Free) Download Here Allows you to see when your friends get online. You can chat, send files and also have webcam support. PowerPC Friendly 10.4.+ (Tiger) or later
* Yahoo! Messenger also available for Classic Mac OS 8.1 – 9.2.2.
I did like this post and I decided to share with you guys. It might help someone of you out there.
The TenFourFox QuickTime Enabler allows you to play selected HTML5 video and audio files and YouTube videos in QuickTime, outside of the browser. You can even play H.264 content with the QTE. This gives you a safer alternative to Flash for many videos.
* Quick Time Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyVkN
If you especially need YouTube support, you may also benefit from installing the MacTubesEnabler.
* MacTubes Enabler - http://adf.ly/hyWIT
* Chipmunk 1.5.4 – Leopard 10.5.+ – http://www.furry-rodents.com/
* Chipmunk 1.2 – Tiger 10.4.+
Find all duplicates. Fast. Find duplicates where ever they are what ever name they have. Chipmunk considers strictly content. No mucking about with creation dates and file names and stuff. You will be amazed how quickly Chipmunk eats through hundreds of megabytes, considering it compares the content of these files.
Search all drives connected to your Mac If you can access it you can search it. External drives, network shares, removable media, you name it.
Delete duplicates more intelligently Delete all files in a folder that have duplicates elsewhere. Or vice versa: Delete all files outside a folder that have duplicates inside it. Or hand pick your candidates, of course.
Undo, Retrieve From Trash You have been too quick on the trash button? Not a problem, just hit Undo. You can also retrieve files selectively from the trash. Quick Look, Reveal In Finder and Growl Support Quick Look or reveal any file you like in Finder (Quick Look available only when run on Leopard)
Frisbee Software is a fresh and small software house specialized in the development of free Mac software.
* Frisbee Software - http://frisbeesoftware.weebly.com/applications.html
The list of softwares goes on and system requirements are: Any G3 / G4 / G5. 10.4 / 10.5.
* DiscEject 1.8 (It helps to eject almost all the stuck css/dvds.)
* Purge 1.0 (RAM optimizer, it helps freeing RAM)
* PaperScreen 1.0 (It changes your desktop wallpaper into a background screensaver.) Very Cool.
* Tempus 1.0 (It allows you to view how much time is started on opened your computer).
I found these informations very interesting and next follow the link to an application call Scrubber.
* How to Customize the OS X Services Menu - http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/29/how-to-customize-the-os-x-services-menu/
* Scrubber – 1.1.5 – PowerPC Friendly. 10.4/10.5 (Tiger and Leopard) - http://manytricks.com/servicescrubber/
The services menu be much more useful if it weren’t overcrowded by services you never even thought of using? Shouldn’t there be a way to edit that menu? Enter Service Scrubber. With Service Scrubber, you can:
Once your services menu has been scrubbed, you’ll be surprised how useful it actually is.
Help us to keep this blog running and check out our advertisements. Thank you!