Once I started using Mac I never actually had any issues finding and adapting to new applications. I turned my back to windows and never retreat it. But some of you might want to use some windows program and this application will help you.
Titanium Software also has a very interesting application:
* Maintenance is a system maintenance and cleaning utility for Max OS X that allows you to run tasks of system maintenance: repair permission, run periodic scripts, reset spotlight’s index, delete application, font and system cache, check status of the hard drive, etc.
Darwine: PowerPC – Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther or later.
Darwine project intends to port and develop WINE as well as other supporting tools that will allow Darwin and Mac OS X/ppc users to run Windows Applications, and to provide a Win32 API compatibility at application source code level.
* Tinker Tool – (Free) – Is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don’t need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and there will be no negative effect on system updates. Compliance with these security rules is additionally guaranteed by the application sandbox of OS X.
All preference settings changed by TinkerTool can be reset to Apple’s defaults, or to the state that existed before using the tool. No dangerous background processes are used for TinkerTool’s operation.
* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. - PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
Cocktail is an utility for Mac OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. It is a powerful digital toolset that helps to get the most out of your computer
The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Cocktail – PowerPC Friendly. It works on 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Download here.
The green button at the top of every window is actually called the “Zoom Button”. In some applications it actually does maximize the window. Then, in some like iTunes, it changes the interface from the full iTunes layout to the mini-player. In other apps, it just resizes the window to what Apple thinks is the best ‘fit’. To say this is a bit confusing to recent switchers is putting it mildly. So – lets fix that button once and for all.
Right Zoom provides a quick and easy solution for the zoom button’s inconsistent behavior. It enables you to make the zoom button maximize to full screen when you click the green orb.
* RightZoom (Free) – PowerPC Friendly / 10.5 Leopard / 10.4 Tiger available on this website – Download Here
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Soundflower is a OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. It is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio.