Panorama Maker is an awesome small app that it will changes your pictures to a panorama format, it’s totally compatible with Mac OS X Leopard. I didn’t tried out on Tiger, so please if you have a chance to try share with us your comments.
Super easy to use and very powerfull application. If you are a photo lover and like to modify your pictures this is an application you must have installed in you Mac.
SJphone® is a VOIP softphone that allows you to speak with any other softphone running on a PC/PDA, any stand-alone IP-phone, or using Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with any traditional wired or mobile phone. It supports SIP and is fully inter-operable with most major VOIP vendors and ITSPs.
I didn’t receive a good news right in the beginning of 2015 to PowerPC community. Recently I found out that the great application/cloud storage Dropbox is dropping the support for PowerPC machines. This will leave us behind for good, not being able to sync devices with PowerPC computers will drop us down.
I really hope Dropbox will reconsider the decision and I believe many users of dropbox are PowerPC users due other computers/devices has their own cloud applications.
I want to point out the people from VivaPowerPC wrote a letter to Dropbox team and let’s hope they will supporting us.
We can always use the social media to let @dropbox know we are using the app.
I would say that djaying is one of the most time consuming thing to do with your computer if you are into music and throw party to friends.
Sad news to get the newest Macbook Air or Macbook Pro just to djaying is very expensive, so why not look for an old cheap option like PowerBook or iBook, most of people won’t know the different unless you are using a very cool colour iBook G3 or a PowerBook Pismo/Wallstreet that the Apple logo is upside down.
Either way you can install a old version of Djay (3.1.2) totally compatible with Mac OS X 10.5. Of course there are some limitations when you compare the most recent 4.2.3, but the application run just fine and you will rock the party… …as long as your music rocks, of course.
Have fun guys.
* Djay 3.1.2 – Download here: http://adf.ly/tpP1G (Please wait 5 seconds and skip on top right corner).
Titanium Software also has a very interesting application:
* Maintenance is a system maintenance and cleaning utility for Max OS X that allows you to run tasks of system maintenance: repair permission, run periodic scripts, reset spotlight’s index, delete application, font and system cache, check status of the hard drive, etc.
Darwine: PowerPC – Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther or later.
Darwine project intends to port and develop WINE as well as other supporting tools that will allow Darwin and Mac OS X/ppc users to run Windows Applications, and to provide a Win32 API compatibility at application source code level.
Welcome to Bodega, the world’s most innovative way to find and obtain application on your PowerPC. Just download and install the Bodega app, and you have access to a catalog of software and you can update some of what you already have installed.
* Bodega (1.5.3) This is the only version that runs on PowerPC / 10.5 Leopard. Please do not update to 1.6.2.
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) – PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.
No installation required. Just put the jar file on your Desktop (or any place else) and start it. GiftedMotion will not bury itself into your operation system. Since GiftedMotion is small in size, you can even bookmark this page and come back and start it from here, whenever needed.
Supports the following input formats: PNG, JPG / JPEG, BMP and GIF.
Easy to adjust position of images within frames and size of the resulting image.