iTerm 2 is a replacement for Terminal and successor to iTerm. It’s PowerPC friendly and runs on 10.5 (Leopard).
* iTerm2 - http://www.iterm2.com/#/section/home
Once I shared this post on Facebook, but the material is really good so I have decide to make a post about it.
* 35 Online Photo Editor - http://www.webdesignbooth.com/35-online-photo-editors-to-help-you-editing-photo-online/ - It can not go wrong.
Please share with us which ones you guys most like it.
This is a utility to quickly and easily create a RAM disk on your Mac OS X.
* MakeRAM Disk – http://boredzo.org/make-ram-disk/ (PowerPC 10.3/10.4/10.5) – Panther/Tiger/Leopard. #PowerPCFriendly.
A RAM Disk has no permanent storage and it will be forgotten at shutdown. But is at least as fast as your hard drive. It’s a very intriguing utility that you might love or you don’t need it.
…and bingo, TeamSpeak 3 or (18.104.22.168) works on PowerPC – Leopard 10.5.8. It’s cross platform VoIP with crystal clear voice communication. Great application!
* TeamSpeak 3 (Demo) – http://www.teamspeak.com/
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3′s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
This is a catch up from a few posts ago – Simple MP3 Player. After I shared the link on Facebook I got a few recommendations of Simple MP3 Players and here are the links:
* MacAmp Lite X – http://macamplite.com/
* Mint Audio 1.5 – http://www.tucows.com/preview/203998/Mint-Audio
* Audion (+ other apps) – http://download.panic.com/
Thanks for all the recommendations guys.
I have been looking for an application like this one that I’m about to share for a long time now. It’s very straight forward so do not expect anything other than its ability to play music. In this instance, the one benefit is that it plays music with style.
* Retro Player 1.7 - (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 or later. It’s a simple music player that looks like a retro LP player, complete with on/off button and speed adjustor(33/45). You also can “fast forward” into a specific part of the album by moving the arm and placing at your desired location. You can also choose the amount of record noise you want to hear, and the program will insert the “snaps and pops” that you’d expect from an LP.
I have my conventional Vinyl Player and I’m always on the look out for adding classic Vinyls to my collection… but this app is awesome. I’m always playing random MP3s with it. The only thing I wish there was a way to open more than a just a single album. http://www.studio-kura.com/ Download here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16405/retroplayer
Talking about Players, it’s your lucky day… I have one more.
* Cabrio 1.1 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 8.1 or later. Yes you guys read that right Mac OS 8.1!? This is a simple and cool MP3 player that is always good to have to play something that is not in your iTunes or library files. http://cabrio-os.en.softonic.com/mac
This is my first post after a long vacation! I really tried to keep in touch and do some research but for so many reasons I couldn’t get back on track and actually I was most of the time “off line”.
We are on our way through 2014 and I’m glad to see you’re all still using PowerPC! I was pleasantly surprised to see that people have started collecting the PowerPCs…I saw that the G3s have gone straight to the “rare list” and noted an iBook clamshell on eBay costing over $200. The message is simple: if you’re lucky enough to have one, then hold on to it because you might get way more in a few years!
A while ago I received an e-mail from Zen (PowerPC Liberation: http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.com) telling me that a copycat was mirroring his blog. I was very surprised that we get to this point where people would steal material for unknown reasons, because if this person is looking to make money with ads, frankly PowerPC material is not the most popular technology online! Also he copied everything and I mean EVERYTHING. So please, as we are becoming a very united and close group if you guys see something suspicious let’s give a heads up to each other and share information. We PowerPC users know where to get news/information and if there is a new blog with a suspicious material let’s report it.
I’m glad to know that Zen found out and reported to Google and they removed the copycat blog.
I have new recommended blogs/sites that I’ve stumbled across, and highly recommend that you all take note of what they’re posting.
* My Abandonware – http://www.myabandonware.com If you are looking for an old game here is place to start. Games from 1980 to 2002.
* FreeSMUG – http://www.freesmug.org/start If you’re looking for Open Source software that is still available to your Mac PowerPC, then here is place to stop by and take a look around. Graphic section is really good!
* MacOS9Lives – http://www.macos9lives.com This blog will definitely will bring you back to the roots. I can see you taking your G3/G4 machine out of the closet and powering it back on. Mac OS 9 Lives (just saying).
This is a cool Matrix Reloaded Screensaver for you Mac PowerPC. It works on 10.2 or later.
Q (KJU) / Qemu:
I get quite a few e-mails asking about an emulator that will work on PowerPC. This is something that I didn’t have to use so far but I did receive quite a few referrals from readers recommending an application called Q (KJU).
* Q (KJU) (Free) Emulator that is PowerPC friendly - http://www.kju-app.org
I found this link very helpful with step by step in how to instal it: http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/installation_qemu.html#Installing_QEMU_on_Mac
Let’s get back to work! This time I will combine some themes for Leopard that some of you might love. I will start by saying that I really appreciate all the effort that the developers have put into this project. I didn’t install any of the options because I like the Leopard theme a lot. All the time that I see a Mac, the Leopard theme is what immediately pops into my mind. I like both the icons and blue scrolling bar on the right, Anyways, I appreciate your comments and feedback on these posts.
Thank you for all the e-mails and recommendations…we’re still working on it.
* Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1348270
* Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1410493
*iOS7 theme –
Mac OS X 10.9 (Maverick) - http://thepowerpchub.tumblr.com/iox
Also worth taking a look at:
* Shapeshifter 2.5 -
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13335/shapeshifter – Download here: http://shapeshifter.en.softonic.com/mac
* Liger - http://liger.en.softonic.com/mac
* CandyBar (Now Free) - http://www.panic.com/blog/candybar-mountain-lion-and-beyond/
* Transparent Dock - https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6490/transparentdock
Special Thank you to (Dario, PowerMac4Ever and thePowerPCHub).
Now its time to bring the dashboard back to life! I understand that killing the dashboard in order to save memory ram/processor speed is a very common action among the PowerPC users. But this widget might be very useful if you are dealing with some screen pixels issues.
* Pixel Fix 4.0 – (Free) – PowerPC friendly – 10.4/10.5 (Tiger/Leopard). https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20962/pixel-fix
SeaMonkey for PowerPC just released (2.22.1) – Leopard 10.5
- Additional Functionality: QuickDraw Plugin capability has been restored.
This is a great player and the latest version of RealPlayer does a lot more than just play videos. Download videos from the web. Convert your video library and copy them to iTunes.
* Real Player SP (Free) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.4 / 10.5 (G4/G5). - http://asia.real.com/?mode=rp_mac
*MacPowerPC Gaming – http://powerpcgaming.wordpress.com – Great blog dedicated for PowerPC gamers. All gamers is time to turn on your machines and enjoy some great options.
Maid Tamashi Studio Is about to release in 2014 an Android Software for Mac PowerBooks (PowerPC). We just hope to hear very soon from them. More informations: