* Bwana 2.7 – A manual page reader for your browser. It parses man pages in real time to provide the most up to date pages in an easy to read format. The pages have links to other man pages, http and email references–the way man pages should have been from the start. - PowerPC Friendly 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard – Download Here
Front Row plugin for streaming video.
* Understudy (0.10.1) – PowerPC Friendly – Download Here
Communication is how the internet became so cool. I still remember using ICQ back in the days for hours and it was texting only.
* Yahoo! Messenger 3.0.2 (Free) Download Here Allows you to see when your friends get online. You can chat, send files and also have webcam support. PowerPC Friendly 10.4.+ (Tiger) or later
* Yahoo! Messenger also available for Classic Mac OS 8.1 – 9.2.2.
Hey guys I just want to heads up what is happening on this blog right now. We decide to try to use the system of AdFly.
What it does?
Well, when you click on some links it brings you to AdFly page and it will show some ads for 5 seconds and then you can skip the ad on the top right corner. It takes literally only 5 seconds.
We from Mac PowerPC started posting here since may/2011 (we have 231 posts). It almost 3 years posting about applications and things to do with your old good Macintosh. I get many e-mails from people telling me that they started using their old Macintosh that once was lost in closet. I’m very happy when I get this kind of feedback because we are recycling these machines and we are getting most of our money back, I believe when you bought the latest G4 and G5 back in the day you spent a good amount of money.
I do appreciate all the donations (but it very rare when it happens). I understand is hard to give money for something that you are getting for free, and free is the deal that we are always looking to post here, you can check almost all the posts they are about fee applications. But I have bills to pay with this blog, every year I have to renew this blog/ address/etc and it cost me money to keep this blog running, believe me I’m not making money out of this I’m just trying to make it pay for itself.
I only hope you guys understand the situation and don’t make a big deal about it.
Please let me know what you guys think about it, since we changed (2 days ago) we just got 1 bad feedback.
Thank you all.
…and bingo, TeamSpeak 3 or (188.8.131.52) works on PowerPC – Leopard 10.5.8. It’s cross platform VoIP with crystal clear voice communication. Great application!
* TeamSpeak 3 (Demo) – http://www.teamspeak.com/
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3′s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
I admit that I regularly get e-mails asking me how to watch Netflix on a PowerPC, so I thought I had better answer this question to the masses. In the past I did some research but I didn’t have time to finish the post. Here are some of the links and resources that I have to share with you:
I don’t have a Netflix account so I’m not sure if works or not.
This Link it says to Delete InstallationCheck from the “Show Package Contents” > “Resources”.
Please if you have some time to share your results with our community we really appreciate.
* * * * * * *
Here is very interesting, the steps with Firefox worked well. It’s something to consider.
Please share your results with us.
Islands Mini-Golf Add-On 1 (Free) PowerPC 10.1 or later.
Seeing as how we can do everything else…why not play a bit of Golf from the comfort of your PowerPC and enjoy few hours without having to worry about waking up early for work tomorrow! This is an expansion pack that adds a new Egyptian theme with 18 new holes to your Islands Mini-Golf. The full version of this game can be download here: Island Mini Golf. If you guys are wondering the game is totally Free – (Of Course! We from Mac PowerPC don’t have the luxury to spend money!!). Enjoy your hole in one with Islands Mini-Golf!
Facebook is one of the sole reasons people spend more time in front of a computer than ever before. Personally, I blame timeline because for some reason you always want to check what your friends are doing/sharing. I have a really small list of friends/family and I only add family and friends that I know “in real life”. But anyways when it comes to PowerPC users we are very limited in finding Facebook applications compatible with our system. Some time ago I posted about a menu tab and recently found another option to share with you today:
* Facebook Desktop 1.9 (Shareware) – PowerPC Leopard 10.5. It looks like a browser but its very dynamic and already has tabs for Facebook, Twitter, Chat and Lifestyle. It’s really nice to browse and it ran very well on my iBook 1.07GHz. The only problem is this is a Demo version and you can only run it for 5 minutes at a time. The developer’s web site it’s offline so it’s hard to contact them to get a serial number. Anyways I still think its a good application to share with you:
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
Subscribe to MacPowerPC and keep up to date with our posts.
In this post, I wanted to share a few browser tools that you might be interested in having. Many of you will thank me later for sharing features that you will soon learn you can’t live without! LOL!
* WebDesktop 2.5 – Free – PowerPC 10.3/10.4/10.5 – http://code.google.com/p/webdesktop-macosx/
* iBrowser 1.6b5 – Free – PowerPC 10.5/Leopard – http://nscocoa.com/products/ – Fullscreen embedded desktop browser.
* MultiBrowser 1.1.1 – Free – PowerPC 10.5 – Control multiple internet browsers at the same time!- https://sites.google.com/site/tesseractsoftware/multibrowser
Give a try and share your experience in comments.
Twitter – @MacPowerPC
FacebookPage – MacPowerPC
My Facebook friend Gregory will be very happy because I finally got some time to check out the application that he mentioned on Mac PowerPC’s Facebook Page a long time ago, which I had bookmarked but never had enough time to get to. Here you go!
* Jers Novel Writer 1.1.12 – (Demo $30.00) – http://jerssoftwarehut.com/jers-novel-writer/download-jers-novel-writer – PowerPC friendly Panther / Tiger / Leopard – 10.3/10.4/10.5 – It’s a simple but not restricted writing application. I’m very impressed with the quality of this word processor, as it has everything to keeping you writing and saving your ideas without messing things up. It has a main window like any other word processor but the coolest feature is that it has a tab running along the side that allows you see all your other saved projects! It also has a notes tab that allows you to post all your brainstormed ideas and subjects that keep you on track as you write. In my opinion, this is great software that totally deserves to be installed on your machine. Attention Writers: Now it’s time to make your Mac buddy work a little bit harder.
We decided to make a short post just to bring back some of our most visited posts ever. Some of them are outdated already but the idea of this post is to show you our most “clicked” posts. Thank you guys for your ongoing support of Mac PowerPC!
Top 10 post:
Client Bit Torrent for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/06/01/client-bit-torrent-for-powerpc/
Video Plugin Flash Facebook PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/12/07/plugin-flash-facebook-powerpc/
Browser for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/05/18/browsers-for-powerpc/
Office Suite for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/05/28/office-suite-for-mac-powerpc/
Anti-Virus for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/05/27/anti-virus-for-mac-powerpc/
Carbon Copy Cloner, Back Up for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2012/04/02/carbon-copy-cloner-3-4-4/
CD/DVD Burn for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/05/22/cd-dvd-burner-for-powerpc/
Twitter for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/06/15/twitter-for-mac-powerpc/
DropBox for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2012/06/01/dropbox-for-mac-powerpc/
TeamViewer for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2012/08/17/teamviewer-for-mac-powerpc/
11- (It was very close) Word Processor / Text Editor for Mac PowerPC – http://macpowerpc.com/2011/05/30/word-processor-text-editor-for-mac-powerpc/
Just a reminder: Some of these applications I chose because I was running 10.4 / Tiger. After I installed 10.5 / Leopard I had many more options and now most of them have better updates, since the time that I originally made the post.
Top 10 Search:
Chrome for PowerPC
Google Chrome PowerPC
PowerPC for Mac
Top 10 Links:
I found this on Mac OS X Tiger PPC’s Facebook’s page and it seems to be working very well, at least the comments are very positive… It’s basically Adobe Flash 11.5 for PowerPC! I know this steps away from our norm, but the policy of Mac PowerPC is to share all options for PowerPC, with a focus on the free and readily available!
* Adobe Flash 11.5 - Download Here
P.S.: This is infact a hacked plugin! We decided to share it with you because the idea of Mac PowerPC is to share all the information/apps/news about Mac OS X PowerPC. This is not 100% secure, if you do try it – do so at your own risk.
That is a cool app that will work well for anyone with a well organized iTunes library! Get this….it fetches the lyrics to the songs you are listening to, direct from the internet, as you listen! I love this app…So far everything is working out great!
TuneLyrics is a perfect app that fetches lyrics on the fly, so now when you were enjoying your favorite music you can review the lyrics to see if you are singing the right words!
TuneLyrics 1.1.0 (Free) PowerPC friendly 10.2 / 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 – That’s how Mac PowerPC likes it!!! http://waterdrop.tk/
Most PowerPC users and some Intel Dual Core users really would like to have AirPlay to mirror Videos to our Apple TV without having to convert and sync with iTunes.
AirFlick is a beta version and there is no support but it works (sort of) on PowerPC. AirFlick is a free application that allows you to stream videos from your computer to Apple TV. Apparently, you’re also supposed to be able to stream videos from any URL address.
The fact is I recently updated my Apple TV and then I tried to use this application and for some reason it does not recognize my Apple TV, likely because of my upgrade. But I saw some comments online which indicate that it seems to be working for some of you, but some users experience challenges with the URL streaming feature. So if you guys want to try out AirFlick and share your experience if worked or not, please feel free to post on comments for the rest of us. We appreciate your feedback!
AirFlick 0.51 (Free) 10.5.8 – Leopard – PowerPC – http://ericasadun.com/ftp/AirPlay/AirFlickArchive/AirFlick-ReleaseNotes.html
More information & comments: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/36512/airflick
I was browsing at my local Apple Store and wondered if I could use the Magic Mouse on my PowerPC machine… I never actually stopped to check this information out, and ended up wrongly assuming that Magic Mouse was only for Intel! Anyways after reading the “System Requirements” here is what I found:
• Mac computer with Bluetooth wireless technology
• OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0* or OS X v10.6.1 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0
• Existing keyboard and mouse for setup
• Two AA batteries (included)
So the Magic Mouse works on Leopard, the only thing I have to do it is download this update and start using the Magic Mouse!
* Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 for Leopard - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL951
Click on advertisement to help MacPowerPC. Thanks :)