This link is very interesting for all iPod users. How to sync iPods without deleting music : http://techchannel.radioshack.com/sync-ipod-deleting-music-1664.html
Summer time is a very difficult time to blog for the MacPowerPC team because of our day jobs. It’s our busiest time of year and admittedly it’s difficult to find the time to release quality posts. I wanted to let everyone know that even during our hiatus, we have still been searching and saving material for later updates, on a regular basis. Now that fall is settling in, we have time to get back on track for our weekly updates…and have we got a LOT to catch up on!
2.8 – (Free) – PowerPC Tiger/Leopard. It’s an easy way to quickly download videos from YouTube, convert them and import to iTunes to watch on your iPod or AppleTV.
I’m sorry guys for the misunderstanding, the right version that is compatible with PowerPC is Tooble 2.7.9. Download here: http://cl.ly/RSL2
I would like to thank you to Bjornels for sharing the link with us. The version that he found also works on PowerPC - http://tooble.en.softonic.com/mac
Instapaper is a simple tool to save web pages for later reading. It makes it super easy to read/browse from anywhere on your computer, iPhone, iPod/iPad, Kindle, etc.
This post is supposed to be just about AppDelete, but when browsing the web, I noted that the developer also has another conversion app that works on the PowerPC so this became a double post!
AppDelete is shareware but it definitely does the job! If you are looking for a very easy to use “drag and drop” uninstaller that also allows you to browse your application, screensaver, widgets, as you uninstall, then I think this is a great option for you. It properly uninstalls the applications without leaving any files behind. (Trial version will give you 5 uses)
AppDelete 3.2.8 ($7.99) PowerPC – 10.5 Leopard – http://www.reggieashworth.com/appdelete
AppDelete 2.2.4 ($5.00) PowerPC – 10.3/10.4 Panther/Tiger – http://www.reggieashworth.com/appdelete
VidConvert also follows the same layout, it’s very easy to use and the best feature is the “drag and drop”. It will convert any type of video into one of the many popular formats of today. (Supported output – iPhone, iPad, iPod, Retina, Apple TV, QuickTime, .mp4, .avi, DivX, Xvid, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD (.vob), Windows Media, Flash, Matroska (.mkv), Theora (.ogg), .m4a, .mp3, .aiff, .wav, .wma, .ac3) (Trial version will convert only 3 minutes sample videos.
* VidConvert 1.4.1 ($7.99) – PowerPC 10.5 Leopard - http://www.reggieashworth.com/vidconvert
iPodBackup is fully compatible with 10.3 (Panther) or later and that is more than enough reason to share this great Free application. The name says it all! This fantastic app backs up your iPod and allows you to customize a list of items to be excluded by dragging and dropping. If you still have your iPod playing your favorite tunes, let’s back up.
* iPodBackup 1.5.4 (Free) PowerPC – 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 (Panther / Tiger / Leopard). http://cl.ly/3o0I2N011332
When we talk about players for Mac the first one that comes to mind is definitely iTunes. iTunes is a great app but sometimes you don’t want to sync your music and are only looking for a fast and easy listen. iTunes 10.2.2 still runs on PowerPC 10.5 or later, if you do have a PowerPC 10.4 you can use iTunes 9.2.1. For those that are still running PowerPC G3 can use 8.2.1. I have to confess that I decide to downgrade my iTunes to 8.2.1 because I had a few issues with 9.2.1 the (determining gapless playback information) was driving me crazy.
* VLC – I know many people use the VLC for movies only, but this is a powerful app, perfect to play your audio (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …). If you are minimalist with your computer, you are not going to need any other app other than this one. http://www.videolan.org/
* Cog – Simple but plays all the popular formats of audio (Ogg Vorbis, Flac, Musepack, Mp3, Shorten, Wavpack, AAC, and Monkeys Audio). Perfect for PowerPC 10.4. It’s a light app to have installed in your computer just in case you need it. As your default audio software, it will meet all your basic requirements, and looks good too! http://cogx.org/
* Vox – It’s a small yet simple app that also plays everything that you are going to need, including FLAC, MP3, AAC, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, OGG Vorbis, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, IT, MOD, XM, Games Music and many others. I recommend that all PowerPC users download this app, as it’s always good to have it. http://www.voxapp.uni.cc/
* Audion X – It’s not a popular player, but works really good with PowerPC 10.4. It’s Easy to use and has some of advanced features ready to be discovered! It plays Audio CDs, MP3s, and streaming network audio. Even hang with your iPod, light, simple, and powerful. http://www.panic.com/audion/
* Taply – It’s is a simple soundfile player. http://www.bluem.net/en/mac/taply/versions/
*SoundApp Reborn – Another simple player. http://thirdcog.eu/apps/soundapp
* Play - is an application for playing and managing audio files. Play supports FLAC, OGG VORBIS, MUSEPACK, WAVPACK MONEKEY’S AUDIO, AAC APPLE LOSSLESS, MP3 and various other audio file formats. http://sbooth.org/Play/
Please if you like subscribe to my blog or leave a comment. Thanks