SJphone® is a VOIP softphone that allows you to speak with any other softphone running on a PC/PDA, any stand-alone IP-phone, or using Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with any traditional wired or mobile phone. It supports SIP and is fully inter-operable with most major VOIP vendors and ITSPs.
* FlashToHTML5 (3.2) – Free – PowerPC Friendly 10.5 Leopard. It is a Safari extension that replaces the standard YouTube Flash Player with an HTML5 player. Download Here.
* Youtube5 – PowerPC Friendly – Free – Leopard 10.5 – It removes the need to use flash on YouTube by converting all videos to their HTML5 video tag equivalents. It also has the added benefits of decreased CPU usage compared to flash, and the removal of in-video ads. Download Here
One thing that we “PowerPC” can do and the new generation can not is burning CD/DVD. So unless you want to spend $89 for an Apple USB SuperDrive you better keep your good old PowerPC somewhere in the house, and by the way if you don’t have any G4/G5 machine you can get one for way less than that. By the way did you guys notice the G3 machines are getting expensive at the market?
Like we are always searching for FREE material this couldn’t be different.
* Disco (FREE) – PowerPC Friendly – 10.3 Panther / 10.4 Tiger / 10.5 Leopard. Easy to use in 3 steps: Drag, Drop and Disco. Very Powerful disc burning. DOWNLOAD HERE
The services menu be much more useful if it weren’t overcrowded by services you never even thought of using? Shouldn’t there be a way to edit that menu? Enter Service Scrubber. With Service Scrubber, you can:
Restructure the services menu
Change service keyboard shortcuts
Disable and re-enable services
Once your services menu has been scrubbed, you’ll be surprised how useful it actually is.
Help us to keep this blog running and check out our advertisements. Thank you!
* Push 0.86 – http://www.jazzaround.net/push/ – PowerPC friendly. 10.5 / Leopard. It’s very simple to use and works great. Whenever you want to share a file between a group of users simply put it in your public folder. Push will take care of all the rest and send it to all the users who want it.
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3’s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
I admit that I regularly get e-mails asking me how to watch Netflix on a PowerPC, so I thought I had better answer this question to the masses. In the past I did some research but I didn’t have time to finish the post. Here are some of the links and resources that I have to share with you:
I don’t have a Netflix account so I’m not sure if works or not.
This Link it says to Delete InstallationCheck from the “Show Package Contents” > “Resources”.
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
In a past post I listed VLC with a bunch of other audio players but I mentioned that it was a great movie player as well. At that time I was using VLC as a good resource for my music media. Recently I noticed that it got an update and this post here is to make sure that you will update this very PowerPC friendly application. Can you believe that they’re still looking out for us after all these years? This is Awesome so let’s show some PowerPC love to VLC when you play your music or videos.
This application is an Open VPN client for Mac, providing a rich Cocoa graphical user interface for creating, editing and controlling VPN connections. Viscosity provides a complete Open VPN solution for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) and does not require any additional downloads or software.
I don’t know how many of you still have BlackBerry cellphones, but at one point BlackBerry was cutting edge and considered cool, and in my opinion they still are. I do not own one so I’m not familiar with the system etc, but I found this application which is PowerPC friendly and I would like to share it with you here:
In my last 2 posts, I was talking about Twitter and we shared some good options for you to ensure you don’t miss any tweets on your PowerPC, but now I want to share some Tumblr applications with you. Be warned, they are not fancy, but they do work!
* Tumblenote 5.2 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.4 / 10.5 – http://tumblenote.tumblr.com/ – How many of you actually are on Tumblr.? Using this widget is the easiest/fastest way to update your Tumblr blog right from your Dashboard.