I would like to say thanks to our community on http://Facebook.com/MacPowerPC . You guys are awesome, we are sharing so many good news/informations/tips that I’m having a hard time to keep posting everything here. So PowerPC users please Like our page and keep checking on us. I promise you that we will continue giving reasons to take out your PowerPC machine from the closet.
Now it’s time to play some games.
* Sixtyforce (0.95 beta) – the Nintendo 64 emulator – PowerPC friendly and works on 10.3 Panther/ 10.4 Tiger/ 10.5 Leopard. DOWNLOAD HERE
* Eat the Whistle GPL (3.6) – Football/Soccer simulator, PowerPC friendly and Morphos friendly – DOWNLOAD HERE
* World of Padman (WoP) (1.5.1) – PowerPC friendly – It’s a first person shooter video game. The idea is based on the Padman comic. DOWNLOAD HERE
* M.A.M.E – PowerPC friendly. Multiple Arcade (coin) Machine Emulator with up to 10.000 Games. DOWNLOAD HERE
Summer time is a very difficult time to blog for the MacPowerPC team because of our day jobs. It’s our busiest time of year and admittedly it’s difficult to find the time to release quality posts. I wanted to let everyone know that even during our hiatus, we have still been searching and saving material for later updates, on a regular basis. Now that fall is settling in, we have time to get back on track for our weekly updates…and have we got a LOT to catch up on!
* Tooble 2.8 – (Free) – PowerPC Tiger/Leopard. It’s an easy way to quickly download videos from YouTube, convert them and import to iTunes to watch on your iPod or AppleTV.
I’m sorry guys for the misunderstanding, the right version that is compatible with PowerPC is Tooble 2.7.9. Download here: http://cl.ly/RSL2
Let’s get back on track, now MacPowerPC is running an application test on an iBook G4 (1.07GHz + 1.25GB Ram) and that my dear readers is quite good! I will still be looking for something more power like PowerMac G5 (dual) with 4GB Ram but this is a search for the future, and all the document processing we are doing on a PowerBook G3 (Pismo – 400MHz + 320MB Ram) Running 10.3.9. We decide to share the work because some applications ask to save your work for you, but sometimes others just restart automatically and if you are typing the material you lose it. Anyways…
We all know about Guitar Hero, so I would like to share an incredibly funny game that runs on our favorite processor.
* Frets On Fire – 1.3.110 (Free) – PowerPC 10.4 or later. It’s really fun to play this cross platform game. It’s like playing Guitar Hero on your PowerPC. Don’t waste your time, download now and start having fun! – http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/