* PlugSuit 1.5.7 – PowerPC 10.5 Leopard – It’s a plug-in manager that allows many InputManager and SIMBL-style plug-ins to work. Download Here
Front Row plugin for streaming video.
* Understudy (0.10.1) – PowerPC Friendly – Download Here
* PyeTV – https://code.google.com/p/pyetv/
Python-based EyeTV plugin for Mac OS X’s Front Row (Leopard/Snow Leopard version)
This plugin allows access to EyeTV from within Front Row on Leopard, adding a EyeTV item to Front Row’s top level menu. The plugin gives access to EyeTV’s recordings (grouped by series), along with an image preview and recording metadata.
I don’t use EyeTV, let me know if this plugin really works on PowerPC.
Front Row Old Plugins – http://www.holeintheceiling.com/blog/front-row-plugins/
* Boxee Plugin – for launching Boxee
* Plex Plugin – for lauching Plex
* Hulu Plugin – for lauching Hulu Desktop.
A few weeks ago, I got a message that advised I wasn’t able to watch the a video on facebook, using a mac powerpc. It looks like the flash/plugin it’s not compatible with Facebook! The maximum flash update you can get is version 10.1 and to be able to watch Facebook’s videos, you need version 11.1.Good news… Someone already looked out for us and created or modified the required plugin for mac powerpc users!
I did install this in my sister’s PowerBook running Leopard, and it worked very well! Hopefully this will fix our problems in the future.
For more informations you can watch the youtube video here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrAKhv3R_cThe link to download with read me – http://www.steelbin.com/FPforFBPPC.zipWith this plugin you will be able to watch Flash videos from Facebook on your Mac PowerPC, using Safari. Hooray! This plugin only works with Safari, but maybe soon we will be able to use with TenFourFox!I really appreciate my PowerPC friend’s blog – http://ppcluddite.blogspot.com/ who posted this great news for all survivors of Mac PowerPC! This just goes to prove that it’s not time to turn off our machines just yet…
After we talked about players for mac powerpc users, I thought it should be interesting to add one more post to show you a few softwares that will help you in case you want to encode/convert music to any other format. So I started looking and I found great options for our PowerPC machines running 10.4 or later. Also I included in this post, a great and very useful plugin to QuickTime. With this plugin you are able to play almost all movie formats.
* All2MP3 – It’s a simple software that helps you to easily covert all different formats of audio to MP3 as the name of this application says. It’s a basic Mac thing, drag and drop… http://www.tresrrr.com/Personal/ENGLISH.html
* Switch – It’s another simple software that helps you to convert audio files and many different formats, not limited only to MP3. It’s a very powerful app and it’s going to help for those who use 2 or more OS because is easy to convert between mac and windows. It supports audio file formats wav, mp3, wma, mp2, m4a, ogg, avi, mid, flac, mov, amr, aac, mpga, dct, au, aif/aiff, raw, dvf, vox, cda, gsm, dss, sri, shn, dss, msv, wmv, etc. http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html
* X Lossless Decoder – It’s a great app that allows you to decode or convert lossless apple audio. It supports many audio formats including Ogg, FLAC, Monkey’s Audio, Wavpack, TTA, Apple Lossless, TAK, Shorten, Wav, AIFF. Download and keep these options and you never will have problems with you audio files. http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html
*Perian – (Absolutely necessary) Last but not least comes an amazing plugin that helps QuickTime to be able to read all the formats that were previously impossible to read. AVI, FLV, and MKV file formats, MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivX, H.264, FLV1, FSV1, VP6, H263I, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), MPEG Layer II Audio, AVI support for: AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, and VBR MP3, subtitle support for SSA and SRT. http://perian.org/
Please if you like subscribe to my blog or leave a comment. Thanks
Thank you André for sharing this app with us.
*Xact – I took a look online and it seems this app Xact 2.14 is Intel only, but an old version like 2.13 or older 1.63 works in a PowerPC. At this moment I can not test, but if you can please feel free to share with us the results.
1.63 – (10.2/10.3/10.4) http://download.cnet.com/DC30-Xact-Driver/3000-2108_4-39818.html
2.13 – (10.5) http://xact.mac.findmysoft.com/