We’re talking about Recovery Data applications and these days are very had to find an app compatible with PowerPC. So let’s thumbs up for Stellar Phoenix because they still supporting our beloved machines.
Stellar Phoenix – Mac Data Recovery – Bring your lost data back to life. Reclaim files, document, images, music, movies lost or deleted from any hard drive format.
I received an e-mail awhile ago asking me how to recover an iPhoto Library. I did some research and I came across this application that I’m sharing with guys because it’s interesting to have installed or download the .DMG file just in case, we never know when the support for PowerPC will end up and the file gone from anywhere.
* REMO RECOVER MAC – 3.0 ( 3.0.1) – (Data / Files) – PowerPC Friendly (Leopard 10.5). (Demo) – DOWNLOAD HERE . Safe and easy recovery data from Mac OS X. The powerful built-in scanning algorithm helps in finding and recovering deleted files, files lost due to application errors, deleted or missing volumes, re-formatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac drives and also recover deleted files, which have been emptied from Trash.
* REMO – (Recover Deleted iPhoto Library) – Check instructions – HERE . Safe and fast recovery of photos from deleted iPhoto library.
Awesome application and I think most of us PowerPC user should have installed for our own benefit.
TeamSpeak 3 continues the legacy of the original TeamSpeak communication system previously offered in TeamSpeak Classic (1.5) and TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak 3 is not merely an extension of its predecessors but rather a complete rewrite in C++ of its proprietary protocol and core technology.
With over nine years of experience and leadership in the VoIP sector, our engineers have created a flexible, powerful, and scalable solution granting you the ability to customize and tailor your voice communication needs any way you desire. New users and TeamSpeak veterans alike will now enjoy a completely new experience in voice communication using TeamSpeak 3’s unmatched functionality and powerful new features.
The question before I write this post is Why we do not save our documents? I just lost my entire post because of sheer laziness… Lesson learned and now it’s time to move on!
We have been posting here for awhile now and my PowerPC friends know that I always try to find free or low cost applications to share for many reasons. Sometimes I come across some non-free applications that I think my readers would be interested in, and post them anyways. These products often have features that the free ones do not…
EagleFiler 1.5.10 (Demo) – PowerPC 10.4 – Tiger / 10.5 – Leopard. It’s an easy way to archive and manage all your documents, and various other pieces of information including e-mails, web pages, etc. Organize everything into folders and add tags and notes to make it easier to search for later!
I follow a very nice Facebook Page called: Mac OS X Tiger PPC and they post useful material that I felt obliged to share with you here.
They basically show that we have printer drivers installed that we don’t use, which can be found in Hard Drive/Library/Printers. Carefully remove the folders for printers that you don’t use and you will likely save over 1GB of hard drive space!
A second tip to maximize your system is an application called IceClean, which is a powerful system maintenance and optimization tool using UNIX built-in System.
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
In a past post I listed VLC with a bunch of other audio players but I mentioned that it was a great movie player as well. At that time I was using VLC as a good resource for my music media. Recently I noticed that it got an update and this post here is to make sure that you will update this very PowerPC friendly application. Can you believe that they’re still looking out for us after all these years? This is Awesome so let’s show some PowerPC love to VLC when you play your music or videos.
This application is an Open VPN client for Mac, providing a rich Cocoa graphical user interface for creating, editing and controlling VPN connections. Viscosity provides a complete Open VPN solution for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) and does not require any additional downloads or software.
This is a fast post is to share some tricks that some of my readers have shared with me recently on my social media sites.
* If your are looking for some Safari Extensions please take a look at this web site because you might find the extensions you were looking for to make your browsing easier. FYI: AlterVideo is interesting:
All Mac PowerPC users are well aware that when it comes to Social Networking our applications are limited. It’s hard to find something that might work well for Mac OS X Tiger. In fact it’s virtually possible to find options for the Mac OS X Leopard. I actually still prefer use a good old fashioned Browser, when it comes to searching for these types of media. But this post doesn’t end here, previously we mentioned some applications for Twitter and we got really great feedback from our readers and I wanted to share some more options with you here. the list starts with:
* Twit Menulet 8 (Demo $6.00) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 – http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32331/twit-menulet – With this app it will allow you to check your tweets from a menu bar. Never was it so easy to keep Twitter on and check as many times you want. If anyone is running Panther, please let me know if it worked out for you!