Soundflower is a OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. It is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio.
No installation required. Just put the jar file on your Desktop (or any place else) and start it. GiftedMotion will not bury itself into your operation system. Since GiftedMotion is small in size, you can even bookmark this page and come back and start it from here, whenever needed.
Supports the following input formats: PNG, JPG / JPEG, BMP and GIF.
Easy to adjust position of images within frames and size of the resulting image.
I have been looking for an application like this one that I’m about to share for a long time now. It’s very straight forward so do not expect anything other than its ability to play music. In this instance, the one benefit is that it plays music with style.
* Retro Player 1.7 – (Free) – PowerPC friendly 10.3 or later. It’s a simple music player that looks like a retro LP player, complete with on/off button and speed adjustor(33/45). You also can “fast forward” into a specific part of the album by moving the arm and placing at your desired location. You can also choose the amount of record noise you want to hear, and the program will insert the “snaps and pops” that you’d expect from an LP.
Talking about Players, it’s your lucky day… I have one more.
* Cabrio 1.1 (Free) – PowerPC friendly 8.1 or later. Yes you guys read that right Mac OS 8.1!? This is a simple and cool MP3 player that is always good to have to play something that is not in your iTunes or library files. http://cabrio-os.en.softonic.com/mac
I get quite a few e-mails asking about an emulator that will work on PowerPC. This is something that I didn’t have to use so far but I did receive quite a few referrals from readers recommending an application called Q (KJU).
Summer time is a very difficult time to blog for the MacPowerPC team because of our day jobs. It’s our busiest time of year and admittedly it’s difficult to find the time to release quality posts. I wanted to let everyone know that even during our hiatus, we have still been searching and saving material for later updates, on a regular basis. Now that fall is settling in, we have time to get back on track for our weekly updates…and have we got a LOT to catch up on!
* Tooble 2.8 – (Free) – PowerPC Tiger/Leopard. It’s an easy way to quickly download videos from YouTube, convert them and import to iTunes to watch on your iPod or AppleTV.
I’m sorry guys for the misunderstanding, the right version that is compatible with PowerPC is Tooble 2.7.9. Download here: http://cl.ly/RSL2
Seeing as how we can do everything else…why not play a bit of Golf from the comfort of your PowerPC and enjoy few hours without having to worry about waking up early for work tomorrow! This is an expansion pack that adds a new Egyptian theme with 18 new holes to your Islands Mini-Golf. The full version of this game can be download here: Island Mini Golf. If you guys are wondering the game is totally Free – (Of Course! We from Mac PowerPC don’t have the luxury to spend money!!). Enjoy your hole in one with Islands Mini-Golf!
I follow a very nice Facebook Page called: Mac OS X Tiger PPC and they post useful material that I felt obliged to share with you here.
They basically show that we have printer drivers installed that we don’t use, which can be found in Hard Drive/Library/Printers. Carefully remove the folders for printers that you don’t use and you will likely save over 1GB of hard drive space!
A second tip to maximize your system is an application called IceClean, which is a powerful system maintenance and optimization tool using UNIX built-in System.
I wish I had more time to answer all the e-mails I get from my readers and to be able to do some research to help everybody find applications. Unfortunately during the summer it’s difficult to find the time to spend hours in front of my computer. Slowly as summer progresses into fall, you’ll see more from MacPowerPC!
A long time ago, a few people asked me about some applications to edit movies. Obviously, my first answer is iMovie, I don’t do movie editing and if so it’s very basic! In my travels, I’ve come across a great program called Avidemux.
* Avidemux (2.5.3) – Free – PowerPC 10.2 (Jaguar here guys) or later. It’s free open source and multi-platform software. The interface might not be the best thing you have seen but the application is very straightforward. It supports video formats that iMovie does not and is very powerful for a simple cutting, filtering, and encoding. I might have to mention again that its FREE and this is what MacPowerPC is all about.
In a past post I listed VLC with a bunch of other audio players but I mentioned that it was a great movie player as well. At that time I was using VLC as a good resource for my music media. Recently I noticed that it got an update and this post here is to make sure that you will update this very PowerPC friendly application. Can you believe that they’re still looking out for us after all these years? This is Awesome so let’s show some PowerPC love to VLC when you play your music or videos.
Let’s get back on track, now MacPowerPC is running an application test on an iBook G4 (1.07GHz + 1.25GB Ram) and that my dear readers is quite good! I will still be looking for something more power like PowerMac G5 (dual) with 4GB Ram but this is a search for the future, and all the document processing we are doing on a PowerBook G3 (Pismo – 400MHz + 320MB Ram) Running 10.3.9. We decide to share the work because some applications ask to save your work for you, but sometimes others just restart automatically and if you are typing the material you lose it. Anyways…
We all know about Guitar Hero, so I would like to share an incredibly funny game that runs on our favorite processor.
* Frets On Fire – 1.3.110 (Free) – PowerPC 10.4 or later. It’s really fun to play this cross platform game. It’s like playing Guitar Hero on your PowerPC. Don’t waste your time, download now and start having fun! – http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
In my opinion, its the most classic of the classics and it’s probably the most famous Image / Photo Editing application for Mac platform. This application is supposed to come installed in every single Mac computer (in my opinion) but for some reason Apple didn’t think to add this application to their platform. Microsoft is still delivering windows with Paint and most people need something that is a very friendly interface, easy to use and capable of atleast basic image / photo editing…and this is what GIMP is all about.